cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medli1
New

SPF Hard Fails

I need help getting our email sending to clients.  I get the same following errors when using Outlook and the webmail app.

@centurylink.com I get

[Return Code 550] sid: WibJ1t0014dy4F201 :: SPF Hard Fail: Domain scccinspections.com does not designate 173.201.193.234 as permitted sender.

@yourfriendlybank.com I get

[Return Code 553] sid: WiaR1t0044dy4F201 :: information. (#5.7.1)

Emails to our other clients go through fine.  Need this to be resolved ASAP.

6 REPLIES 6
oslinux
Helper V

@medli1,

You are unable to send email due to your IP not being allowed to send.

Your Current SPF record points to a non existent Domain.

scccinspections.com. 599 IN TXT "v=spf1 mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

nslookup spf.protection.outlook.com
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find spf.protection.outlook.com: No answer

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=spf%3ascccinspections.com%3a173.201.193.234&run=toolpage

That link shows the IP Listed in the error message is not allowed to send Email. SPF records were created to help fight spam. The Sender Policy Framework specifies which IP's are allowed to send email for the domain. 

You will need to change your SPF record from

v=spf1 mx include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

to 

v=spf1 ip4:173.201.193.234 -all"

If you have more than one email server sending email on behalf of your domain you will need to make sure all of the Servers are allowed in the SPF Record.

Here's some helpful links for managing SPF Records for a domain.

Adding an SPF record

Changing an SPF Record

SPF Record Syntax

randy
New

I get the "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.". from my assistant.  No one else so far.  WTH?

I'm really hating MS Exchange b/c of this.  You guys sold me on it and I knew better than to relent to the MS BS.  Their stuff just sucks, takes 47 steps to do anything when Apple only takes three.   UNHAPPY.

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @medli1 and @randy Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

For Medi1, based on your domain's MX Records, it looks like you're using our Workspace Email accounts. For that type of account, you should have the following value for your SPF record:

v=spf1 mx include:secureserver.net -all

For Randy, it sounds like you're using Office 365. In that case, you'll want to make sure you have the SPF record:

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

If that doesn't help, then posting the full error message you're receiving may help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW:  That is the full message.  I tried adding the line you posted, but get errors.  Can we message and fix this?

JesseW
Community Manager

@randy Sorry. I've never seen that before. If you provide a screen shot of what you're seeing, that may help. Otherwise, I'd highly suggest getting in touch with our support team so they can take a closer look into what's happening.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.