Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SPF Validation Error

Hi, I am getting an SPF Validation error when sending some messages, If replying, please include step by step instructions as I have no idea what I am doing! Thank you!

The message I get from the bounce back email reads as follows:

More Info for Email Admins Status code: 550 5.7.23 This error occurs when Sender Policy Framework (SPF) validation for the sender's domain fails. If you're the sender's email admin, make sure the SPF records for your domain at your domain registrar are set up correctly. Office 365 supports only one SPF record (a TXT record that defines SPF) for your domain. Include the following domain name: spf.protection.outlook.com. If you have a hybrid configuration (some mailboxes in the cloud, and some mailboxes on premises) or if you're an Exchange Online Protection standalone customer, add the outbound IP address of your on-premises servers to the TXT record. For more information and instructions about configuring SPF records see Customize an SPF record to validate outbound mail sent from your domain and also External Domain Name System records for Office 365.

Could you please help me in rectifying this by telling me what I need to do and where I need to go to do it?

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@MattRyanColes 

What is your domain and just to confirm you are using Office 365 to host your email??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@MattRyanColes 

What is your domain and just to confirm you are using Office 365 to host your email??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

My domain is cooperandholmes.co.uk and yes I am using office 365 purchased through GoDaddy

Thank you!

I have been in touch with Godaddy who I think have resolved this for me now, but thanks for the offer of help.