Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biraz
New

SPF causes my mail to be rejected

I'm using webmail.

I'm getting an automatically generated delivery status notification for some email addressed I'm trying to contact. 

The notification gives me the following diagnostic-code :

smtp, Recipient address rejected: message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorised.

A link is given to a page on the Open SPF .org website.

On that page I'm getting more information on what might be the cause :

The system may mistake me for an unauthorized sender.

My domain has declared using SPF that it does not send mail through ....secureserver.net and that's why my message was rejected.

It tells me if I use my own MTA ( what's MTA ? ), I may have to set a smarthost or relayhost.

If I'm confident that I'm using an authorized server, ( I am ) then the domain name may have incorrectly configured its SPF record.

I need to authorize .........secureservet.net.

So that's what I tried. 

These are the instructions I followed :

Login to Parallel Plesk Panel > Domains > Control Panel > Website & Domains > DNS setttings > Add Record >

Select Record type, which is TXT.

And then type the TXT record :    v=spf1 a mx a:....secureservet.net - all

Click ok.

Click update.

I did all that but it didn't help.

In the past, I tried it with v=spf1 +a +mx -all

But that didn't help either.

My guess is it has something to do with the fact that I'm using a server with several domain names on it. I'm not sure how I can solve this problem.

I there anyone who knows how I can solve this problem ?

1 REPLY 1
Heather
Employee

Hello @biraz!

Thank you for posting. Without seeing your setup, it's hard to say what's going on here. However, if you reach out to our support team with the full contents of the bounceback message you're referring to, they can help out. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support