cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Set up email on IPhones and IPads

Hello it seems godaddy is a little late on updating on setting up email on new update of  iphone and ipads.i know a lot of the us will feel frustrated so here is how to set it up:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account. 
  2. Tap your email provider. If you don't see your email provider, t
  3. Enter your email address and password.
  4. Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
  5. Choose information from your email account, like Contacts or Calendars, that you want to see on your device. 
  6. Tap Save.And now you are done.I hope this helped someone.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Set up email on IPhones and IPads

This has been an ongoing issue for me that I follow the instructions and some of my godaddy accounts do not work, I can see, delete and edit the structure contents (folders and what not) but can not send.

Anyone else have this issue, I have tried this from outlook/applemail and a host of other apps.

Highlighted
New

Big hugs and love!!! Thank you!!

have you been able to solve this problem?

Same problem for about 4 months now. Did you figure it out yet? GoDaddy sucks for making this so difficult to figure out. I've spent at least a combination of 6 hours between my new macbook pro and iphone 8 on this same problem. Every one of my other email accounts were a breeze. 

what problem do u have?

I cannot send mail from either mac mail on my new Macbook Pro or Mail from my new iPhone8. The inbox works but outgoing emails wont send. Ive been through about 8 different tutuorials which say change all the server settings etc. Nothing has worked yet. Ive had my phone and macbook for about 3 months now, and I get in a bad mood everytime I try to get this thing up and running. 

I've got a similar issue on an iPhone SE running iOS 11.2. I have two godaddy IMAP email accounts. One of them works fine with the phone, but the other doesn't work at all. I am absolutely certain that the information on the non-functioning account is correct, as I copied if from the email app on my desktop. This is ridiculous and incredibly frustrating!

Yeah, I design websites for people and used to recommend GoDaddy, but everyone I recommended GD to has been calling me trying to figure out WTF is going on. Almost everybody is having the same problem. Not recommending them anymore, that's for sure. Who doesn't use iPhones these days?  It's about a 50% market share where I live.  Also, Mail for Sierra and High Sierra is not working also. If anybody has any tips, let me know. I've already adjusted the SSN to about ten different recommended settings, but to no avail.

Did you ever find a simple solution to the mail sending failure from iPhones?

The Go Daddy support person I spoke with today told me that the iPhone mail client would not work with the Microsoft Office365 mail server unless the iPhone client was configured to use Microsoft Exchange protocol.  Sure enough, when I deleted the manually configured account configuration and added the account as an Exchange account, it worked immediately.

The only negative is that I do not wish to use the other Exchange apps, such as Calendar, Address Book, and Task lists.  While those can be disabled, they never go away (i.e., they are "bloatware") and I find it annoying to lack the ability to configure any of the parameters for mail send and receive.

I will pursue a solution with Apple for what I think is a rather lame implementation.

I am 99% sure that the problem lies with Apple:  I can install the e-mail account on a desktop PC running Thunderbird, manually configure the count as I desire, and send and receive flawlessly.

Installing the same account on my Android phone (using the Outlook mail app) works like a champ, and doesn't have the Exchange bloatware.

Any other results from the community?

I cannot set up my business email on my iPhone but has stopped working and I know I have the right information.
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @iamknightrae , Thank you for being a part of GoDaddy Community! 

Thank you for your instructions. We have updated our Help articles to reflect the latest of iOS updates, which I have posted below. As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use and setup certain third-party products, but we do not endorse nor directly support third-party products. Occasionally, as Apple does not always publicize the release of these updates before they are rolled out. As Apple releases any macOS or iOS updates, we can find it affects the setup of our products on these devices. We appreciate our customer's patience as we update our help articles to reflect any of those changes.  

iPhone and iPad setup for Office365

iPhone and iPad setup for Workspace

Hope this helps! 

Ashley M. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support Available at 480-505-8877