cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Suddenly can't send email from juno email address using GoDaddy Outlook on the web

For 4 years, I have had all my personal juno email come into my business GoDaddy Outlook (web version not desktop)email account. When I went to send an email I could change the "from" line from the business email address to my personal email address. It sent it "On behalf of XXX@juno.com".  I did not like the "on behalf of at all" but that is what it did and I made do.  As of a few hours ago, I no longer get that option. So I manually type in the juno address in the From section and it says "You don't have permission to send emails from this mailbox".  What has happened? This makes using my GoDaddy Outlook useless and Juno does not have a good UI. And of course the answer is usually, well you can upgrade for $XX.  I have been using this fine all along and now they have removed the ability and expect me to pay more? I am getting quite frustrated with all the upcharges. Has anyone else found a way to get back to sending email from another account?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Suddenly can't send email from juno email address using GoDaddy Outlook on the web

I wonder is something has changed with Juno @Travelnut? I am not terribly familiar with what they are offering but perhaps they have had recent changes in their policy or security? To my knowledge GoDaddy can still perform this task in the way you are accustomed to. I would start with Juno and see if this is something they still allow. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Re: Suddenly can't send email from juno email address using GoDaddy Outlook on the web

I checked with Juno. It wasn't them. They gave me all the info for the servers and nothing has changed. All my emails are forwarding from Juno as well. I talked to someone else at GoDaddy today and the guy researched it a long time (like almost 30 minutes) and I even heard him asking a colleague - so I got 2 for the price of 1 call. Apparently the button that used to be there is no longer there. He even checked his own account and it was gone. I am using the web version. Not a desktop version. In my continued research, I found that apparently Microsoft removed that functionality. Very frustrating. I cannot help but think it is a move to force us to pay  to upgrade to get the functionality.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

So you are running into a Microsoft issue. I can't offer much help with that and seems like the customer service rep(s) were caught a bit off guard as well @Travelnut? Perhaps you should consider another online mail service client?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Looks like the easiest is to buy a desktop version of Outlook. I hate the subscriptions. Supposedly desktop will do it. Microsoft took it out of the Office 365 Business.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Travelnut. I just came across your post and thought I'd share what I found. What you described is related to the Connected Accounts feature, which was discontinued by Microsoft last yere. Here is an article from Microsoft that explains the situation and offers some additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.