cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Suggestion - Add wildcard to email spam filters

I receive a LOT of spam emails, and MANY of these come for domains .icu and .us. It would be MUCH, MUCH easier if I were able to add a custom filter like From contains @*.icu or @*.us. This does not seem to work, so I am forced to include the full domain name, which results in LOTS and LOTS of custom filters. Could you PLEASE allow for wildcards in custom filters? That ability would be so very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JimAmling,

We apologize for the delay in response. If you are in the Classic View in your workspace email, you should go to your "Settings" menu and choose "Spam Settings". There you can go to the "Blocked List" tab and set a filter for domain names only (ex: thisdomain.us). You will not be able to block by TLD only. However, if you go to the "Custom Filters" tab, you can create a "From" filter that contains the .TLD to reroute emails from such an address. You can send them to Bulk Mail or Trash.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JimAmling, would you mind letting us know what type of email plan you're using?  Are you using Workspace, cPanel email, or Office365?  Thanks!

MPC

Okay @MPC . I replied with the email "plan" I am using. That was now 8 days ago. Any more thoughts on this, then?

I answered your question on 11/13/2019. It is now 12/24/2019. Any progress on this? It has been a VERY LONG time now.

Hi @JimAmling,

We apologize for the delay in response. If you are in the Classic View in your workspace email, you should go to your "Settings" menu and choose "Spam Settings". There you can go to the "Blocked List" tab and set a filter for domain names only (ex: thisdomain.us). You will not be able to block by TLD only. However, if you go to the "Custom Filters" tab, you can create a "From" filter that contains the .TLD to reroute emails from such an address. You can send them to Bulk Mail or Trash.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Your "solution" is unacceptable @TLH.

If I were to use your suggestion, then I might add a custom filter that routed all emails containing ".xyz" in the From to Trash. While this WOULD reroute the spam emails from domain @fixyourbalding.xyz, it would ALSO reroute emails from domain @know.your.xyz.edu.

Per my original request, I was requesting to be allowed to add a filter with a WILDCARD on the From. My example filter would then be From contains "@*.xyz". This would be the ONLY acceptable solution. This would reroute the first SPAM email, and NOT reroute the second VALID email.

Thus, again... Your suggested "solution" is UNACCEPTABLE.

IMPORTANT: If you reply-all or forward this e-mail, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my e-mail address. It is a courtesy to me and others who do not wish to have their e-mail addresses sent all over the world. Use Bcc: if sending to more than one person. Deleting history helps prevent spammers from "harvesting" addresses, and viruses from being spread. Thanks.

Workspace

IMPORTANT: If you reply-all or forward this e-mail, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my e-mail address. It is a courtesy to me and others who do not wish to have their e-mail addresses sent all over the world. Use Bcc: if sending to more than one person. Deleting history helps prevent spammers from "harvesting" addresses, and viruses from being spread. Thanks.