cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to connect to p3plcpnl0583.prod.phx3.secureserver.net SMTP Port 465 from my cpanel email

I'm no longer able to send email through my GoDaddy cpanel email account.  I'm using the following information (as provided by GoDaddy for manually configuring) to configure my Apple mail (I've x'ed out my Username in the below.  I assure you, I am using the correct info in my mail configuration):

Mail Client Manual Settings

Secure SSL/TLS Settings (Recommended)
Username: xxx@xxx.xxx
Password: Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server: p3plcpnl0583.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
IMAP Port: 993 POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server: p3plcpnl0583.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
SMTP Port: 465
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.

My connection to the Incoming Server completes successfully when I use the POP3 Port 995. 

My connection to the Outgoing Server fails.  Failure information from the Mail Connection Doctor is:

"Could not connect to this SMTP server. Check your network

connection and that you entered the correct information in the

Account preferences. Also verify that the server supports SSL. If it

does not, deselect the "Use SSL" checkbox in the Advanced tab of

Account preferences."

I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Apple Mail v9.3 (3124)

Please advise what I need to do to get this working again.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

Re: Unable to connect to p3plcpnl0583.prod.phx3.secureserver.net SMTP Port 465 from my cpanel email

Hello 

The Email Setup Center is a one-page view of your account settings and getting started links. You can access the Email Setup Center from the Workspace Control Center, or your Workspace webmail. Click Tools, and then select Email Setup Center. If you only see Incoming server (POP3), your email plan does not support IMAP.

Ports

Type SSL (secured) Non-SSL

Incoming (IMAP)993143
Incoming (POP)995110
Outgoing (SMTP)46580, 3535, 25

Americas

Type Server Address

Incoming (POP3)pop.secureserver.net
Incoming (IMAP)imap.secureserver.net
Outgoingsmtpout.secureserver.net

Asia

Type Server Address

Incoming (POP3)pop.asia.secureserver.net
Incoming (IMAP)imap.asia.secureserver.net
Outgoingsmtpout.asia.secureserver.net

Europe

Type Server Address

Incoming (POP3)pop.europe.secureserver.net
Incoming (IMAP)imap.europe.secureserver.net
Outgoingsmtpout.europe.secureserver.net

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study

Re: Unable to connect to p3plcpnl0583.prod.phx3.secureserver.net SMTP Port 465 from my cpanel email

ZulWeb,

thanks very much for your reply.  Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue.  It works perfectly for the Workspace email account I created but it does not work for my web hosting email account.  My web hosting account provides for 99 email accounts and GoDaddy provided the configuration information for these email accounts as outlined in my original post.

My web hosting email account used to work without issue and only recently (last month or two) has stopped working.

At this point I'm ok to go forward using the Workspace email but I am curious as to why my web hosting email stopped working after several years of using it with no issues.

Skilled IV
Skilled IV

@GetSubs

In your cPanel console, what is your 'Email Routing' set to for your domain? Just curious!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***