cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to send and receive emails

I bought a new domain and "GoDaddy Business Email Plus" in september last year. I tried to use the email i had paid for but it won't work.

I tried sending an email from Business Email and it showed sent, but I didn't recieve it on my gmail address I sent it to and vice versa.

I sent an email from my personal email to the business email and I got following error

"

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to xxxx@xxx.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 No Such User Here

Why is this happening?

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Unable to send and receive emails

Hello krishna10,

I hope you are well. I think your MX records may not be updated properly to work for our webmail. The article below will help in in determining what they should be for your email plan with a link within the article if you are getting an "Pending Setup:MX error" on your email.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue.

In your cPanel dashboard, go to: Email > MX Entry > [select the associated domain] >

Check to see if "Local Mail Exchanger" or "Remote Mail Exchanger" is selected.

I needed "Remote Mail Exchanger" selected to make email delivery and receiving possible. 

This may not be entirely related to your issue, however it would be a place to start. If you're unsure of what to do, definitely call in to support and see if they can assist you.

Checking and managing my MX records: https://www.godaddy.com/help/checking-and-managing-my-mx-records-7590?

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.