cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
tiffanie
Novice

Using Email with WIX Domain

Hi, we just moved our domain from Godaddy to Wix.

My adress email on godaddy doesn't work anymore. I checked the MX records on go daddy and already updated the one recomended on wix. But I think I need also to change something in godaddy but I dont know how to do.

I can't conect to my adress email. sometimes I can but It can't send or received message. On my setting account on godaddy I saw that in 20 days this email adress gonna be destroy.

How can I do I really need to keep this one ?

4 REPLIES 4
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: Using Email with WIX Domain

Hello @tiffanie,

I assume that when you say "we just moved our domain from Godaddy to Wix" you only mean that you pointed your GoDaddy purchased domain to Wix? (GoDaddy) Connect my domain to Wix (Wix) Connecting Your GoDaddy Domain to the Wix Name Servers I don't think that just pointing your domain to Wix impacts your email settings? This assumes of course that you have a valid GoDaddy email plan and your domain is configured properly for email. Does that help any?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Ruddy
Novice

Re: Using Email and domain name from Godaddy, and website WIX, email problem

Dear Ms, Mrs,Mr,

I have a kind of same problem.

Have domain and email with Godaddy, but a website with WIX. Changed name servers in godaddy to Wix and in Wix mentioned Godaddy for the email.

NOw my email does not work for receiving emails, sending out is possible. I think i need to change something else in Godaddy, but dont find what/how... (tomorrow having an event and website needed to be only, but email needs to work too?)

Hope i can solve it asap. 

Many thanks for your help/suggestion.

Ruddy

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

I believe that because you pointed your domain hosting to Wix the settings for email (MX records) you should modify them on Wic. Check out Connecting Your GoDaddy Email to Your Wix Site. That should get you on track @Ruddy. I hope your event goes well.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Ruddy
Novice

Hi rd,

Thanks for your advice. I had changed the MX records in Wix, already. I can send emails, but not receive ;-)

I called Godaddy, and they cannot retrieve anything about previous email traffic.

Other email addresses still work (send and receive).

Problem is I cannot wait to change back as I need to email to clients today (send and receive), too bad.

I am sure you know that feeling...

thanks a lot for support.

Ruddy