cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cPanel hosting and cannot receive email

Hello,

I cannot receive emails.

My domains are on godaddy and my hosting is also on godaddy. 

I use Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel.

These are what i see when i check my domain's DNS records on godaddy's dns management section. 

A   mail    ipaddress 1 Hour
CNAME   webmail @ 1hour
MX    @   mail.mydomainname.co.uk  (Priority: 0)   1 Hour

I don't know if there are any other records associated with emails if you want I can look.

On Cpanel site, these are what I found;

Email Routing; 

Local Mail Exchanger 

DNS Zone Editor;

mydomainnameco.uk.   14400   IN   MX   Priority: 0     Destination: mydomainname.co.uk

i use cpanel's webmail section to send and receive emails.

I can send email using webmail to my gmail account but when i send an email from my gmail account nothing happens. Gmail doesn't give me any errors. It says your message has been sent but nothing ever comes to my webmail.

Addition to these i checked mxtoolbox . com 

it says 

dmarc DNS Record not found

smtp mail.mydomainname.co.uk Failed To Connect

And the last thing I forward mydomainname.co.uk to my otherdomainname.com which is also on godaddy

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Using cPanel hosting and cannot receive email

Hi @alicenahi. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It certainly sounds like you have your email and DNS set up to receive email. I'm not sure why you'd still be having problems. I'd recommend connecting with our support team if it's still happening. Our advanced support team can review email logs to see if there is a problem on this end in receiving the messages. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.