cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Using domain email address at gmail?

Hi All

Have a godaddy domain and "professional email".  I had been on another system with email and was able to send and receive emails using my domain name at gmail.  How do I do the same here?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@lc130 

While this "can" be done using the send as feature in gmail, and putting in the GoDaddy SMTP information,  personally I do not recommend this setup - I've seen many people post about sending errors or items going to spam when using this method.

If you really want "Gmail" with your domain email, I personally recommend Google Suite which starts at $6/user/month for the basic package which includes 25GB of storage, plus all the features of the Google Suite.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@lc130 

While this "can" be done using the send as feature in gmail, and putting in the GoDaddy SMTP information,  personally I do not recommend this setup - I've seen many people post about sending errors or items going to spam when using this method.

If you really want "Gmail" with your domain email, I personally recommend Google Suite which starts at $6/user/month for the basic package which includes 25GB of storage, plus all the features of the Google Suite.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Thanks.  What I'm after is gmails search ability.  Is google suite the optimal solution if that's the goal.

@lc130

Yes - Google Suite is designed to take a domain name and use the Gmail mail
engine behind it. The advantage is this way it keeps your personal email
separate from your domain email and you can have labels etc as you see fit.

You can create aliases if you need additional email addresses but don't
require additional mailboxes

I made a video of how to do this without having to pay for GSuite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imge325DNx8&t=2s