cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

VAT Invoices - I need PDFs!

I understand where the Invoices files are stored, and the facility to print is there, as well as (an overly complicated) excel file but I need PDFs to send to my account at the tax office.

It seems archaic to have to print them off, scan them in and send poor quality scans to the VAT office online. Time is money - can someone help please? 

Thanks and regards.

K

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VAT Invoices - I need PDFs!

Hi @Kenyon100,

since 'time is money' I will keep this very brief as my time is money too ;-)

Create excel file....

open excel file....

choose file in tabs.....

export to PDF......

!! :-/

Thanks very much - acknowledged, I need PDFs of the invoices, not the Excel export though.

Any other thoughts?

Best.

K.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kenyon100,

'Export to PDF' means basically in simple terms to first open excel file you have created, then choose 'file' from the control bar of excel, then when exporting the file you are CONVERTING it into PDF format. You will normally get this choice with an up-to-date Microsoft excel program.

Also a lot of printing programs now offer a PDF format. Well Macs anyway............... windows is still 20th century!

Smiley Frustrated 

I get the conversion process, I don't want to convert the excel file though - I need to convert the printable A4 invoice that is available to a PDF. 

Best. 

K. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kenyon100,

what was that you were saying about time is money?

You are:

Either needing some further reading on file manipulation.

Or being purposely obtuse..... 

Whatever the answer, I will no longer engage with you........ I feel I can not help you because I do not wish to 'hold your hand' when the answers are a google click away!!

....or you are simply providing erroneous solutions to problems that I don't have. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be? Rudeness here is uncalled for and unworthy of your "PRO" status. 

I see weblegend has also had the benefit of your caustic feedback, not at all in the spirit of this forum. 

Go engage with someone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenyon100,

i have tried to help and I don't think you understand so there is nothing else for me to say. 

Have a nice day 😊 

Solution

I know this is an old post so you probably (hopefully) got it sorted, but thought I'd answer anyway as someone else may have the same question.

In order to get the invoices as PDF you simply use the print function:

• Click "View" next to your invoice.
  • The invoice opens in a pop-up.
  • Below the invoice is the "Print" button.
  • Click it and then under "Destination", instead of selecting a printer, you can choose "Save as PDF".

----

Only problem is, that for some reason when printing/saving, it changes the layout of the invoice and removes the VAT... I'm opening another thread to work out that issue. If/when solved, the above should fill your needs.

So, let's take this issue up.  Since I have a Mac, why is GoDaddy suppressing my ability to print to a PDF either in their webpage confirmation receipt or the email they send me with the receipt.  (Before someone says it, yes, this feature works everywhere else on my mac.)  I finally had to do a screen scrape image file and then printing the image.  What is so high security or GoDaddy proprietary about my receipt?

Greetings.  Any resolution to this?  I was wondering how I could save a campaign as a pdf to use as a reference for other marketing needs.  Thanks.

Employee
Employee

Here is an official Microsoft help article to save / convert to PDF. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/save-or-convert-to-pdf-or-xps-d85416c5-7d77-4fd6-a216-6f4bf...