Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Want to set up email forwarding but don't have redeemable credit

Hi,

I just bought a new godaddy domain name  that's a simpler version of my business domain (also with godaddy). I want to set up email forwarding and found this page explaining how to do it, and it looks simple enough: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/set-up-my-forwarding-email-address-7598

However, when I look at my products, I don't have "Email forwarding" under my additional products. I'm annoyed and confused as thought this would be included with the domain.

So - should I have this redeemable credit with my new domain (it's a .me )? Or how can I buy an email forwarding credit?? I've spent half an hour googling and searching but have got nowhere.

Any suggestions? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Want to set up email forwarding but don't have redeemable credit

New

I can't see anything remotely helpful there - nothing that looks like a credit. 

New

godaddy1.png

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Email Forwarding is part of Workspace, so any credits would be listed here.  Workspace plans are now only sold thru support.  You can also ask them if you should have a free credit.  Though if your email provider allows you to add a domain that would be a better option.

Solution

Hi @KLA,

Welcome to the Community!

As of early June 2019, GoDaddy discontinued the addition of email forwarding credits to new domain registrations. An Email Forwarding package with 5 addresses is available for purchase at only about $3 a year. They can be purchased by contacting customer support and requesting a Legacy package. 

@Nate 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Thank you @TLH  That's super helpful! I'll get on the case next week to arrange it.