cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Webmail Attachment Selector (file explorer) Opens Again After File Selection

The webmail attachment selector (file explorer) opens again after file selection. I've verified this happening on multiple Win10 workstations using Edge, and one of those Win10 workstations using Chrome. To replicate:
* Go to GoDaddy Webmail in the Edge browser.
* Compose a new email.
* Select the attachment icon to select a file. (A file explorer window opens.)
* Select a file. (Immediately, the file explorer window re-opens.)

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Webmail Attachment Selector (file explorer) Opens Again After File Selection

Hi @drewwesley1234. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Something similar to this issue is also discussed here. Our development team is aware of an issue with composing messages with Microsoft Edge. The author of that thread had issues with Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro machine specifically. If you're seeing the same thing, then feel free to chime in there as well. I'm still unable to duplicate the issue with Chrome on this end. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Webmail Attachment Selector (file explorer) Opens Again After File Selection

I am having a very similar problem with Chrome Browser. Slightly different, but if I reply to an email item, then the windows browser immediately opens (inviting me to select a file) at the same time as the reply window - every time! Presumably it thinks I am adding an attachment? Really annoying! This problem started about a month ago, and clearing the cache makes no difference!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @teddlesdee. Thanks for posting. This is something we're still looking into. This is likely related to what is discussed in the conversation linked above. If it's still happening, I'd suggest posting your information as requested in that thread so it can be passed on. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.