cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Webmail extremely slow

Every time I try to access my email via webmail, it takes forever for the sign in page to load.  It will eventually load but it's taking a minute or more for the login page to show up.  I'm on cable internet but it doesn't matter if I am home or at work or on my phone.  And no other site's performance is anywhere close to running as slow as webmail.  What's going on?  

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Webmail extremely slow

Hey @melmac2013,

First let me say welcome to the community! Appreciate you taking the time to join us and start this discussion. Smiley Happy

So you mentioned the login taking time to load through webmail. Were you encountering similar delays accessing your messages via another email client like Outlook or your Mobile mail? I know there was a minor event yesterday evening on some of our Workspace Email accounts that were experiencing delays for about 30 minutes, but those issues should be resolved now.

Was this a brief occurrence you were recently encountering? Has anyone else here on the community been encountering this behavior more regularly? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am currently experiencing this now!

What is going on?

Employee
Employee

Hello @classyfun,

We were having some email issues yesterday that may have been what you were experiencing. However, if you're still having trouble, reach out to our support team when you can.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. Webmail won't load, usually it will if I do a refresh. When i compose a new email, that window sometimes won't load either. Then, when I click the [Send] button (which is greyed out), it doesn't send. It's now Tuesday (08-09-2016), 6 days after the initial email glitch, and it's still going on.

I recently updated my browser (Mac OS X v10.11.6, Firefox v 48.0)

We are experiencing the same thing across 3 different offices. We cleared cache, used Firefox as tech support recommended, and still the same issues.

New

GoDaddy webmail is and has ALWAYS been unbelievably slow every time I've logged on over the past 12 years, I use Outlook - which works w/GD seamlessly, but on the 8-10 occasions each year that I need to work through GD's webmail, it has ALWAYS been UNBELIEVABLY SLOW. This is 2016 - and I can go to Billie-Bob's website and get response times at the click of the mouse. When working in GD's webmail, I click on an email and 10-20 seconds later it's highlighted. It takes another several seconds later to be able to reply or forward the same message. Ridiculous.

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @matttt!

Thank you for posting! Our Web-Based Email absolutely should not be that slow. If you're seeing slowness like that, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so they can troubleshoot with you.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

All week long it's been lagging on and off.

Been great for 8 years.

About time for a change because I am unable to work efficiently.

Same problem here. Webmail is extremely unreliable and I experience issues on a weekly basis. I often try to access email and notice it's slow/unresponsive. When that happens I change tasks and come back to email later. It's generally working fine after I wait some time, so I assume it's a sever issue. I have had this problem many times in the past few months (including at this very moment, which led me to this thread).

It's incredibly frustrating. I use this email in the operation of an online business., so it's very important that I have reliable access to email. I don't know what the problem is, but GoDaddy needs to invest some resources into fixing this problem now!

New

Server not found

Firefox can’t find the server at outlook.live.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

this is what i get every time,  it use to work fine but now it isn't working at all , whats up ?

My email is loading very slow also.  I never had a problem until the past 4-5 months, and it seems to be getting worse.  It is not intermittent, but happens each time I load webmail. I have no issues with other programs.

This has been happening to me as well for the past few months. I have cleaned out tons of email but it is slow on authentication, initial sign in. Basically makes the email useless on my phone. If they don't solve this in a month, I'm bailing after 10+ years with them. Ridiculous.
New

I have been having the same problems - slow to access, when it finally comes up, I try to respond to emails and then I can't hit the send button, and it doesn't even save in the drafts.  I've taken to copying the text I spent time typing - just in case - and going back later to try again.  Very frustrating, as is the fact that my contact list disappears on occasion - figured out I can bring them back (along with my signature line) by switching to and from classic view.  That still hasn't been fixed either.

GD - this appears to be more than just one occurrence and more than one person.  Is anything being done to figure out the problem?

Sharolyn

My email is extremely slow and freezes also when I press send nothing happens I cant do a refresh it locks up. I use google then I thought I would try Firefox no luck. I went incognito as mentioned and it worked. Could the problem be my browsers since, incognito worked and where do I go to resolve my browser issue. Please help this is my bosses email and he has been very frustrated. Happy boss happy work life

New

Every time I try to access my email via webmail, it takes forever for the sign in page to load.  It will eventually load but it's taking a minute or more for the login page to show up.  I'm on cable internet but it doesn't matter if I am home or at work or on my phone.  And no other site's performance is anywhere close to running as slow as webmail.  What's going on?  

Hi @chef8s@melmac2013@joanier@K9-503@xdrover

I suggest trying another browser, if that's not resolving the issue please reach out to our support team to look into this. Reaching out to our support team is the best option to troubleshoot.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I also have this problem.  Webmail has always been pretty slow but for the past month or so it has gotten prohibitively slow to the extent that I can barely use it.  I have tried on different machines, different browsers.  I do not have or want to use an email client, I want to be able to use webmail.

It is extremely frustrating there is no email support and I am currently considering moving my account to a different hoster if this issue cannot be sorted out.

Hi my emails through godaddy server to. My. Mobile mail account are taking 3+ hours to get to my inbox ? What ia going on has been for past week? My hotmail and other accounts no problems.
New

We have the same problem on our Android Samsung Note 3 & 4 phones

If in a coffee shop to check my mail and can half finish it before the page refreshes and i can tap on an email.

This is not a bandwidth problem as it it’s the same on Optic Fibre Cable

It’s not a recent event but on going for over a year.

We now have over 10GB in store on your server

We have created around 100 folders and sub folders

All Mail sent to go4us goes firstly to AussieHQ who directs it to email.secureserver.net which is GoDaddy who sends it to Outlook 10 – we use pop in Outlook for all accounts – GoDady uses IMAP for all our accounts

Please help

Regards

John

My outlook on my phone using godaddys email address domain is extremely slow the laymst couple weeks