cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

What MX records need to be entered in Webs.com servers?

Complete beginner here.

Our domain scbka.org is registered with GoDaddy who also provide our email.  Our webpage is hosted by Webs.com.

Approx 1 month ago something in the infrastructure changed and we lost access to our website.  Webs.com requested we changed the Name servers to theirs ns1.webs.com and ns2.webs.com.  We had always had GoDaddy's Name servers for the last 5 years.  When I changed the Name servers we lost access to email.

I've been struggling with getting the appropriate records into the Webs.com admin page.  The MX records are currently set as
smtp.secureserver.net         priority 0
mailstore1.secureserver.net          priority 10

Do I also need a CNAME and A record?  If so, what should they be?

A test email to one of our emails returns the following

Remote MTA smtp.secureserver.net: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.1.1 <web@scbka.org> Recipient not found.  http : // x.co/ irbounce

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: What MX records need to be entered in Webs.com servers?

Hey @Propolis

Were you using Workspace mail? If so, you should be able to use the MX Records Settings Assistant to either correct (when pointed to our nameservers) or locate the correct MX records needed for your active email addresses to function. 

Beyond that, you may want to reach out to our live support via 24/7 phone or chat when available below so they can help you locate your missing MX records within your account directly. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support