cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why am I getting bouncebacks for messages I didn't send on mail id

Hi Friends,

I have taken webmail Solution from godaddy and since few days i am getting so many bounce mail and spam mails on my 3 mail ids which i have not send. I have tried with godaddy team but they are not able to help properly. Please provide any solution if someone have it. Thank you in advance

Check out this mail snapshotBounce Mails Sparktele.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@sunny2020 

So my guess is someone spoofed your domain and sent emails looking like you and you are getting the bounce emails because of that. While you can set up SPF records and tweak some domain settings, I have not seen a 100% way to stop domain spoofing.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@sunny2020 

So my guess is someone spoofed your domain and sent emails looking like you and you are getting the bounce emails because of that. While you can set up SPF records and tweak some domain settings, I have not seen a 100% way to stop domain spoofing.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

It still Not resolved and not even godaddy team is helping for the same

@sunny2020 

As mentioned in my previous reply - the reason you would be getting this is someone spoofed your domain - this means they setting up an email program to send out email and make it look like it is coming from you. One way to reduce the likely hood of the receiving mail server accepting the email to begin with is to set up an SPF record in your DNS which says to only accept email from a certain server.

Other than that, there is no way that I am aware of to 100% prevent someone from "spoofing" you