cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New
New

Workspace E-Mail Looks Shady - Is It Real?

Mon., 08/01/2016 - Good morning. I've been receiving the following e-mails from someone named 'adminn@webmailservices.com.' The very FIRST problem w/this address are the two 'N's in Adminn; no such word. That's a true sign of a SCAM / PHISHING EXPEDITION. But not at my expense, buddy.

Following is the text of this mail; fortunately, all of my servers send it to Spam off the bat, but until I go and clean out mail from the server, it's unnoticed. This time, there were a lot of them so I started to ask GD until I noticed the name was incorrect.

Here's the body of the message:

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:11 PM

To: Recipients Subject: [SPAM]

Dear Account User Your Mailbox quota has reached 98-GB limit, You might not be able to send or receive all messages and updates until you re-validate your mailbox. To re-validate your mailbox, Kindly Submit the below of your mailbox details for re-confirmation: {user-name : {Password : {Confirm Password : Failure to reconfirm your account, your web-mail account will be disconnected from our server, we apologize for the inconvenience caused Best Service Web-mail Team ===================

You know this is a scam; DON'T ANSWER THEM.

God Bless,

Ms. JSB

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Workspace E-Mail Looks Shady - Is It Real?

Hello @MsJSB

You would be right in saying that email isn't real, and is a Phishing attempt to get your password to compromise the account. What is recommend is to mark that email as Spam so that the GoDaddy Admins will take a look over it and handle that email within the system accordingly. 

All of their emails that GoDaddy sends will come from @GoDaddy.com or @SecureServer.net. But like what you've done here, it never hurts to ask if something is legitimate or not before moving forward. 

New

I also received a phishing email (see below). Is there someplace I can forward it to?

GoDaddy-SupportTeam <34h5gf3h45g3jh54@smtpauth.earthlink.net>
[--Your account contains more than 145 directories and may pose a potential performancerisk to the server.
[--Please reduce the number of directories for your account to prevent possible account deactivation.

[--In order to prevent your account from being locked out we recommend that you create special TMP directory.
Or use the link below :

Hi @LL64.

You can use the form on this page to report phishing emails:

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport/Index#

You can also email phishing@godaddy.com with they details.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Hello, I have been receiving emails requesting renewal payments. They have been asking for 67.00. I knew this was a scam. Please advise me how to correct this scam. Thank you