cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Workspace Webmail Attachment Window opens on Compose click

Am having an issue whereby every time I click on "Compose" to begin an email the Attachment Window automatically pops up immediately. Has been going on the past several days using Chrome 72.0.3626.81 on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

My laptop, which has the same browser, but Windows 10 Home, does not have the same issue. Have cleared cache and cookies, rebooted, etc. Nothing seems to work.

I found this over at the MS site. Same issue, but with Edge as the browser.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachment-window-pops-up-with-godaddy-mail/78...

The new version of Webmail doesn't work for me from a usability perspective, so making that change isn't a good option. Any other ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Workspace Webmail Attachment Window opens on Compose click

Hi @startngate. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you might be experiencing the same thing discussed in this thread. Please see my response there and feel free to follow up regarding if it works or not. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am experiencing the same issue, but that thread didn't help. I am not using Pop-up Compose.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@startngate - I see. After looking into this a little further, I do see that our developers are aware of a bug with Microsoft Edge specifically. I would suggest contacting our customer care team so they can have the issue reviewed by our advanced support. They will likely need more information to submit this for further review. 

In the meantime, I'd suggest either using a different browser (FireFox) or consider using an email client such as Outlook to interface with your Workspace Email account. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have the same issue with the pop up file window when composing or replying to emails.  I'm using Chrome with Windows 10 Home.  Any answer to this issue yet?

Also having this problem in Windows 10 using Chrome. Two computers in the office and one is doing this, the other is not. I've cleared cache and cookies, made sure Chrome is up to date, and tried unchecking Popup Compose. No dice.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jongerblick @Barney2 Thanks for posting. Please try this using a Chrome incognito browser specifically. That will help rule out any issues with extensions or caching. Thanks! 

Highlighted

Is the incognito window a short term solution or your answer for a long term fix?  It does work, however I don't want to keep an extra window open when I work form tabs all day.

The issue is still happening for me in Incognito.

I am experiencing this issue as well.  Is there a fix for this issue?

Glad to at least see other people have this issue. This happens on ALL my computers. I use classic view.

This was never an issue before about a month ago, now it happens constantly. This is a major annoyance having to close windows every time I compose, forward, or reply to email. Please resolve this!

I use chrome, and do not want to need to use a different browser just for workspace, and I dont want to use a 3rd party email program. Please just restore back to how it was prior!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Everyone. In my testing, I've found that I can reliably duplicate this issue if I use extensions that block content (pop-up blockers, ad blockers, etc). This in conjunction with the fact that most users don't experience the issue while using incognito mode suggests that it's related to extensions. Keep in mind some extensions can be configured to operate within incognito mode as well, which could account for those still having it while using that feature. In order for me to bring this to our developers, I need to get more information from those who are having the issue. If this is still happening for you, please provide all of the following details:

• Browser version 
  • Computer operating system and version
  • Does this happen in incognito?
  • What extensions do you use? 
  • Does this happen in the updated view of Workspace Email?

Chrome 73.0.3683.86

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134

No

Adobe Acrobat, Last Pass, Speed Dial, Ghostery (Webmail Site is Trusted)

No

Also, please keep in mind this wasn't an issue until recently, so something changed to cause it.

Google Chrome 73.0.3683.86

Windows 10 Home v.1803

Does occur in Incognito, but extensions are enabled

Does not happen in updated view

Extensions: LastPass, Adobe Acrobat, ReviewMeta, uBlock Origin

Just for more info, I disabled all extensions and the problem went away. Then I enabled them one by one and the problem came back when uBlock Origin was enabled. Personally I'm just going to switch to updated view from now on because I didn't know that was a thing.

Happening on my mac too!

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.3 (18D109)

Chrome: Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does NOT happen in incognito

no extensions

Doesn't appear to happen in Updated View

Browser version:  Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86

Operating System:  Windows 10 version 1809  OS build 17763.379

Happen in incognito:  No

Extensions:  Adobe Acrobat, PC Matic, Google Docs Offline, Docs, Sheets, Slides, TeamViewer

Happen in updated view:  No

Having the same issue. It did not start happening until about a month ago as well. Please fix this! Very annoying to have to deal with every time I try to write an email. 

Browser version: Affects Microsoft Edge and Vivaldi 2.4.1488 (chrome engine). It did stop for a number of months/years since I created the original thread you link to above in 2017, however it has now returned.
Computer operating system and version: Windows 10 Vers 1809
Does this happen in incognito?: Yes, even when no extensions.
What extensions do you use? Ghostery (privacy app) only. On FireFox, which has uBlock Origin, it does NOT replicate.
Does this happen in the updated view of Workspace Email?: No.

Workspace Email classic view broken for months now

Hi there, we use Workspace classic view and it has had one very annoying bug for months. When we reported this to support they just say to use the "updated view", however the updated view does not have some very important features that we, and several of our customers (some customers with over 100 email accounts in use at their plant) rely on.

The bug is this: When opening a new compose window, the browse dialogue for uploading an attachment automatically opens as well, no matter what browser, OS, etc. This opens without clicking on "upload attachment" which is really annoying when you are trying to send an email without any attachment. This occurs for both new messages and on replies. It really should be fixed by now.

Please please please fix this bug, just switching to the updated view is not a solution as the updated view does not provide the same message filtering features and we just don't like the layout.  

If there is a classic view and an updated view, both views should work without bugs.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Workspace Email classic view broken for months now

Hello Everyone. Sorry for the delay in giving an update. Thanks to all who provided the information I requested above. Our product team is aware that this is an issue related to multiple browsers and will be looking at getting it fixed. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe for when that will happen, but it's definitely on our radar as something that needs to be addressed. I will update here if I have more information. 

For what it is worth, I confirmed that if uBlock Origin is active, then this error occurs. I whitelisted email10.godaddy.com, the domain for my webmail AND the compose window, and it had no impact (still got the error). 

Glad to try testing any settings within uBlock that you may recommend.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hello everyone. Thanks for your patience. Just wanted to give a quick update that our developers have pushed out a fix for this issue. I'm no longer able to reproduce it in Chrome, FireFox, or IE/Edge. Hopefully, things are working for everyone now. If you're still seeing problems, feel free to follow up here with the details I requested above.