cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Workspace Webmail not sending emails from Chrome your developers need to look at this error

In the last two weeks, something has happened to the Workspace Webmail app when it comes to using it within the Chrome browser.  All buttons seem to work EXCEPT for the Send button.  I am using an IMAP server if that matters.  When I compose a new email the button click does nothing.  If I reply to an existing email chain, it either hangs at "Sending email..." OR it immediately fails and becomes a Draft email. 

if I pull up IE and use the Workspace Webmail, it sends emails just fine, including the Draft saved by Chrome.  I also can send emails from my Android phone with the same IMAP server.

I pulled up Developer Tools in Chrome when trying to send an email and saw the message:
rich_desktop_tinymce.js:4931 'KeyboardEvent.keyIdentifier' is deprecated and will be removed in M54, around October 2016. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5316065118650368 for more details.
https://email17.godaddy.com/compose/send Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

So if you click on the chromestatus link above, you'll see that the identifier your app is using has been deprecated.  They suggest "Remove the WebKit specific KeyEvent.keyIdentifier field. It is not specified in a current specification and has a number of interoperability concerns. The KeyboardEvent.key field is a suitable specified replacement for this field."

When can we expect this to be fixed?  Do your web developers use/test Chrome?  If not, can they start testing with Chrome as part of their development process?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Workspace Webmail not sending emails from Chrome your developers need to look at this error

I have been experiencing the same issue and it is REALLY annoying.

A response here would be nice.

Solution

Re: Workspace Webmail not sending emails from Chrome your developers need to look at this error

Just got off of a chat with advanced support, they suggested reverting to the "Classic View" until a fix can be implemented.   This worked for me inside of Chrome. ymmv

Finally got annoyed enough to look this up. If you wait long enough and then check sent items it will actually send. However it is very annoying and very temperamental! Classic view does indeed work. Just adding my two cents to the conversation so support knows it is an issue and prioritizes the fix properly.

New

It sends the email the window does just does not close. VERY ANNOYING

same problem - sometimes does send but still remains in Drafts.  Mostly will work for the first email but then the "send" button just doesn't work at all until the next log in.

Any fixes coming??

Employee
Employee

Hello @thedavee!

Welcome to the community! Were you able to try switching to Classic View as suggested in the solution to this thread?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

It seems that whenever there is an issue with the Workspace...it is always recommended to go to Classic mode.

Maybe we should always use Classic mode...and therefore, never have issues.  Just a thought.

5/23/2019 THIS IS STILL AN ACTIVE PROBLEM.  Mine only hangs and does NOT SEND the message -- it simply disappears.

Everyone one else in the world manages to have working, web-based email.  You can do it, too, GoDaddy!