cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Your free Workspace email is going away

Hi,

Just got this email from GoDaddy

Your free Workspace email is going away.

Move to a new plan before October 31, 2019. Options start at $4.99/mo.

We recently made the difficult decision to stop supporting our free version of Workspace. This means, beginning October 31, 2019, you'll no longer be able to access your free Workspace account(s):

Free email with hosting:

info@****.co.uk

sales@s****.co.uk

shop@****.co.uk

office@s****.co.uk

accounts@****.co.uk

If you're no longer using the account(s), but want to keep your data, you can create a back-up file to export your messages, contacts and calendar info.

If you're still using your email, we understand this may be inconvenient, and we want to make this transition as smooth as possible. Call in to get a new plan with the storage, integrations and features to keep up with today's technology.

Move to a new plan today and get:

The same address.
Keep the same email all of your contacts recognize.

More storage.
More space for all of your emails.

Email on any device.
Desktop, tablet or mobile… your inbox will always be synced.

Currently I have the Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel package which allows the use of Workspace email and has been adequate for my webshop. Will I need to change to a different email package with GoDaddy and if so how easy is it to change over.

Many thanks

Pica

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Your free Workspace email is going away

@Pica 

You have two different options with GoDaddy in this case. 

If you're on cPanel, you can set up email on your hosting server itself. Here are the instructions on how to do that. NOTE: I wouldn't recommend this method for a few reasons. It's much easier to break into cPanel based email if you're not cognizant of using security best practices. Also, if something happens to your server/hosting plan, all your email goes with it.

The second option is to purchase mail through GoDaddy's Microsoft O365 Offering. It's a solid, cloud-based email platform that gives you a lot of tools that can help you run and organize your business. It costs more money, but the value is worth it.

I've used both successfully, but it's just not a good idea to have email on your website server. You're asking for something bad to happen. I also use GSuite now for my email service. I honestly think they're tools are better and more intuitive. They also cost much less.

So, you have options. I would do a bit of research and pick which option would be best for you and your business. 

Moving the email will be more complicated. GoDaddy will help you move the email to O365, typically for a small fee. Your other option would be to download all the emails via a third-party email application on a computer, i.e. Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. Again, doing a bit of research here is vital. Moving email servers is a pretty constant event happening every 5-10 years if you're running a business. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community