cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

add an email to a domain

Hi I have had my domain for while now and would like to add email. I am not sure what to do or next step.

I have tried to search through site help, forums, etc. but not luck yet.

I was wondering what does it take to add/create email for my domain. example.

domain is xyx.com, how can I add a "name@xyx.com"

thank you for any help

Bill

18 REPLIES 18
Helper III
Helper III

Re: add an email to a domain

@b_luttmer,

In order to set up email for a domain, you first must have hosting of some kind, whether it is general web hosting, or only email hosting.  Do you have hosting set up for your domain?  If you do, is it through GoDaddy?  If you have, for example, shared Linux hosting with cPanel, the setup is relatively simple.  If you could post some additional details about your hosting type, I'm sure someone can help you out.

add another email account?

I am also want to add an email account, i have added one but it won't let me add another why is that?

Hi 

Where do I go to see if email address is available the same as my domain name 

Is there a fee to have the email address to match the domain 

Highlighted

Where do I go please 

Employee
Employee

Hiya Folks!

Thank you for posting! I'll answer you both below.

@onefrequentflye - If you can't make more than one address, you may need to purchase more. I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so they can have a look at your account and tell you what you need.

@Grad-43 - To have an email address you need to either purchase an email plan or have a hosting plan that came with free email.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

email not working after having GD host

I have had my domain with GoDaddy for some time, and was hosted by another company.  I used my email that utilized that domain name as well, for no extra fee.  I decided to move my hosting to Godaddy and now my email doesn't work (as an alias with google..always been there).  Do I have to redirect, change settings or pay extra now??  

New

Hi,

Do all hostings come with free emails? I chose a plan with domain registration + hosting. It says at the bottom, you get email but not in the purchase check out

my domain is .xyz and looking to add 4-5 emails. What is he cheapest plan? Tx

New

My domain adarshtrading. Com
New

add an email to a domain

Hi,

I have a domain at GoDaddy that have email forwarding. Now I bought another domain, but I can't find where to setup the email forwarding to that domain.

Can someone please help me with how to do it?

I am pretty sure I checked all the options in the management panel, but can't find how to do so...

Thanks in advanced,

Naor

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @chullu!

Thank you for posting. We have a knowledge base where you can find all our support articles. You can access it at the top of the page here if you click "Help." The guide you need is this one, Set up a forwarding email account.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

Thanks @Heather, got it!

What about forwarding-only address or virtual inbox? [Re: add an email to a domain]

1. Some domain registrars support creating an email address whose email is not stored on their servers. All email sent to this address is immediately forwarded to another account, e.g. Gmail.

2. I believe some of these same providers also allow the other account (e.g. Gmail) to send mail "as" or "from" this new address.

Does GoDaddy offer either of these services? If so, what is the cost, or what else must you buy to get them?

Hi 

I need to add 4 emails to domain albasitieyah.com ASASP 

Thanks 

Adding email address's to a domain

Good Evening - And I apologise for the potentially basic question. Before I go ahead and purchase a domain I'm wondering if it's possible to add an email address to the domain after a few months as I don't need it straight away? 

Thanks 

Re: Adding email address's to a domain

Hey @lostatsea,

You're free to purchase a domain and point it to services such as email or hosting at any time you're ready to do so. So yes, you can add email later if that's what you'd prefer. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Re: Adding email address's to a domain

Thank you Smiley Happy

New

Quick follow up question to this topic: What are the 100 free emails associated with domain names in workspace setup?

Second part of question: Have purchased Office 365 directly and through GoDaddy, unfortunately..... but both direct me to Outlook.com for email. Outlook.com email is free. I had two custom emails setup on Outlook.com, shouldn’t the same work now....?

Welcome clarification.