cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btinternet refusing emails from Godaddy accounts

Over last few days all emails sent from my Godaddy account to btinternet addresses are failing - why?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: btinternet refusing emails from Godaddy accounts

Hi @JamesHC. Thanks for posting. It's hard to say for sure why this is happening without more information. Typically, if a message is rejected by a recipient's email provider, are rejection notice (or bounce back) is sent to the sender. If you have that, feel free to share it. It will likely indicate why the issue is occurring. If you're not seeing a rejection notice, then the recipient should probably reach out to their provider to see if they can find out why the messages aren't coming in. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I’ve had rejection notices for all the emails and they all say “It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.”

Sent from my iPhone

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JamesHC - If this was a 451 bounceback, please see the details about this below. This is taken from our Help Center article about common bounceback messages.

451 Sorry, I wasn’t able to establish an SMTP connection. I’m not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.
Cause of error:

• The recipient's email address has been misspelled
  • Or the recipient's email provider has blocked sending from this address.

Resolution:

• Check the email address for any errors.
  • If you are using AOL, check out how to unblock emails.
  • If you are sending to a group, you must reach out to each address individually, in order to determine who is triggering the error.

I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I changed my GoDaddy mail password and my BT mail password at the suggestion of BT and this did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone