cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cannot send from outlook 2010 with windows 7 pro

anyone having problems sending emails through outlook 2010 with windows 7 pro? We were working just fine until about 12pm pst today when everyone's email stopped sending except the machines that were on windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No I solved it. Apparently Godaddy decided to turn off tls1.0 support Wednesday and not give any of their customers advance notice. So if your email stopped sending mysteriously and you can't figure out why, this is the reason. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit they did it and they tried to blame it on other things before they finally admitted it. I am using workspace via outlook 2010 on windows 7pro, which only supports tls 1.0. So the solution is to hack tls1.1 and 1.2 support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I

Hello @cspurlock and welcome to the community. I'm a GoDaddy customer like yourself. 

Are you still having email issues?

Are you using GoDaddy 365 for email or GoDaddy workspace for email? 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

No I solved it. Apparently Godaddy decided to turn off tls1.0 support Wednesday and not give any of their customers advance notice. So if your email stopped sending mysteriously and you can't figure out why, this is the reason. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit they did it and they tried to blame it on other things before they finally admitted it. I am using workspace via outlook 2010 on windows 7pro, which only supports tls 1.0. So the solution is to hack tls1.1 and 1.2 support.

View solution in original post