cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

mail delivery failed returning message to sender godaddy stop these emails?

Hi folks im on enhanced business hosting ok and get tons of bounced off messages how can I stop them?

mail delivery failed returning message to sender.

Im running dating site and some emails might not exist anymore!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Re: mail delivery failed returning message to sender godaddy stop these emails?

Hi The error message in the bounceback states that the email was rejected due to spam or virus content. You will need to revise the content of the email, I suggest removing any attachments and domains/links from the email, and try sending it again. If you continue to have trouble, further revisions might be necessary.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
New

I am also having a problem with a bunch of delivery failed messages that are popping up in my inbox, hundreds of them. Problem is, I did not send any of them, I believe it was a hack. I changed my password. I am using Outlook 2013. Now I can recieve emails, but it asks for a password when I send. I type in the correct password, but it asks again. Nothing has been changed except the password, which is correct. I had to log onto workspace webmail to send an email to a customer this morning. Am I blocked because of the spam, or is a server having problems?

New

I also have an inexplicable email rejection, only to one domain . The error is [email address anonymised]

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* [deleted]@ifa-affinity.co.uk

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "RE: Spreadsheet"] to [deleted]@ifa-affinity.co.uk. MTA p3plsmtpa07-08.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 109.169.43.41 -  550 , 550 5.7.1 <[deleted]@ifa-affinity.co.uk>: Recipient address rejected: Message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorized. Please see http://www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=[deleted]@[deleted]s.com;ip=173.201.192.237;r=[deleted]@ifa-af...

I have the recommended spf txt entry v=spf1 mx -all

Solution

Hi @Takmar,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your email is being spoofed. A spammer takes advantage of your relays in order to send out their emails through your account. It appears that you send them, but the undeliverable ones bounce back - showing you as the sender. You will want to check out this article to prevent this in the future. And you may wish to setup your Outlook again to avoid repeated password requests (Outlook issue) Please contact our support team at one of the numbers in the link below if you need help with either action. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Hi @kbs,

Welcome to the Community!

You'll want to check any SPF record you have created in the DNS of the domain for your email. This article will walk you through the process and allow you to authorize the right parties to make use of the domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Hi TLH,

Thanks for the reply, but as stated in my post I already had the spf record set as advised in the link 'v=spf1 mx -all'. That advice is incorrect - other posts in the forum state that 'include:secureserver.net' is needed, and that fixed my issues. My SPF record is now 'v=spf1 mx include:secureserver.net -all' but I think that the mx is redundant. My MX records are default - mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10) and smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0).