cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

setting up client- Mozilla Thunderbird

Hi there, any tutorial how to set up a normal email client lkike mozilla Thunderbird?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: setting up client- Mozilla Thenderbird

@ukgreg

Can you be a bit more specific.

Most email clients like thunderbird, outlook, windows mail etc all have wizards to set up the email account. You just have to enter the server and user information. Additionally there are 100s of YouTube videos (and many websites with screen shots) that do a step by step walk through

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

What more specs do you need? Thunderbird email in domain how to set it up?! is it pop or imap or echange if the last then what are the settings etc..

Pro godaddy user managing over 300 WP however unable to give strait answer.

Non Pro Godaddy user........

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@ukgreg

The answer is going to depend on who / where your email is hosted. Also how you want things setup.

For example if you set it up with imap and you have a phone set up with imap, if you read / delete the email from one device it will show as read or deleted on the other.

Using pop each device is separate, but you need to be careful as one device can pull the messages from the server before the other devices can download it.

Exchange is used with office365 and for some addition features like shared calendars.

In regards to the server / port this is going to depend on the service you are using / where your mail is hosted.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community