cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

switching my email address from Wix (google) to Go Daddy

I currently have a Wix website. I intend on switching from Wix to Go Daddy. I have a domain name that I purchased from Go Daddy a few months back.. The domain is https://willtommyjones.xyz My current email address is will@willtommyjones.xyz (this was created through gmail). Will it be a problem to continue on w/ will@willtommyjones.xyz as my email address upon switching to GoDaddy? In other words, through Office365 will I be able to continue on w/ the same email address?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: switching my email address from Wix (google) to Go Daddy

Hi @will88. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The short answer is yes, you can use Office 365 (O365) to host email for your domain. However, keep in mind that your emails and contacts will not automatically transfer over from Gmail to O365. You'll want to make sure you back up any important emails/content before switching off your Gmail account. I'd recommend connecting with our customer care team if you're at all concerned with getting everything setup correctly. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: switching my email address from Wix (google) to Go Daddy

Thanks so much!