cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble switching between email accounts

I have a couple of go daddy email accounts in the same domain. I use one for personal emails and another for work. Over the past month, I've had trouble switching. What happens is that I'll be logged into one or the other and leave the computer.  The account (I guess) times out or otherwise closes without my logging off. When I try to go back in, and especially if I try to go into the other account, the login screen hangs.The "sign in" button is greyed out and there's a wheel that spins over the top of it until I close the browser (Chrome) and the try again.  This happens several times a day and it's driving me nuts.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: trouble switching between accounts

I don't mind the email web interface @teeroy18 but it can get cumbersome of you are utilizing it as you are attempting to? I'd day that you may be best served using a unified mailbox to fetch messages from your various email addresses. There are several desktop, web and mobile options that make checking your email easier. The force logout isn't a bug, that's a feature. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

@rd The problem is that it doesn't completely log out.  It closes back to the login screen, but it keeps the account logged in, so that when I go back and try to log in again, I have to log in to the same account.  If I try to log into the other one, it locks up. And there's no way to know which one it's connected to unless I try one and it either works or locks up.

This is new.  I've used Go Daddy email for almost 10 years and I was always able to log in to either email account or to go back and forth without a problem.  Now I have to completely log out of one to get to the other.  That's fine if I remember to do it, but if, as I've described, he account times out on its own, then I'm left having to guess which account is in that wierd "closed but not logged out" status.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

With so many browser changes and updates I really couldn't say what that issue is. Additionally I don't tend to use the web client to login. Perhaps check your browser settings? Is it the same with every browser? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head