cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weekly spam wanting $/refund from our website, and we dont sell anything on our website

we have a website through go gaddy and 6ish mos ago we started getting emails from people at companies (that actually exist) wanting a refund for what they purchased or payments etc etc.  over the past 30 days they have increased a bunch.  we dont sell things over our website, but the request is specifically for our website.  i researched the places and they actually exist, but have been hacked by someone else for the scam.  2 emails from our domain have been receiving they same scam spam emails. so 2 questions ... how can we stop receiving this garbage ?(all have attachments that i have told everyone not to open ... but)  and how can i be sure that someone isnt doing the same thing for our website using my info to request $ from someone else ?    any ideas ??

thanks     

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: weekly spam wanting $/refund from our website, and we dont sell anything on our website

@JKshane44 wrote:

we have a website through go gaddy and 6ish mos ago we started getting emails from people at companies (that actually exist) wanting a refund for what they purchased or payments etc etc.  over the past 30 days they have increased a bunch.  we dont sell things over our website, but the request is specifically for our website.  i researched the places and they actually exist, but have been hacked by someone else for the scam.  2 emails from our domain have been receiving they same scam spam emails. so 2 questions ... how can we stop receiving this garbage ?(all have attachments that i have told everyone not to open ... but)  and how can i be sure that someone isnt doing the same thing for our website using my info to request $ from someone else ?    any ideas ??

thanks     

@JKshane44 it seems that your site may have been infected with malware. I recommend changing all of the passwords for all of the email addresses and also loo

Re: weekly spam wanting $/refund from our website, and we dont sell anything on our website

its not actually coming from us .... and ive emailed a couple of the companies that we have received their emails and its nots from them, an outside place has used their info to send the emails.  i did and ip check ... the actual company was in canada and the email came from somewhere in Pennsylvania. so its not anything on our end.  not sure how the hacks work exactly