cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET .json 404 (Not Found)

Hello. I have a Windows Plesk Hosting here and when I upload an elearning course I have this message: GET http://elearning.enaspot.com/Samples/VariablesManipulationAndPrintingPDF/dr/imgmd.json 404 (Not Found)

This was never happening before and while I am previewing it locally everything works OK, only on Godaddy  hosting is problematic. Generally, I would've contacted the support center but I don't have number from eastern european countries and the chat is offline 24/7, so the only possible way to present the problem publicly is here.

I have read about configuring MIME types, which I did, but nothing changed, I still cannot view the project

I am total beginner in the field, so I don't understand much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

12 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
Pro Community Founder Mentor

Re: GET .json 404 (Not Found)

@boilingxpoint,

Good evening... or morning depending on where you're at.

Are you able to view your files via FTP or sFTP?  Can you confirm that a file called imgmd.json exist in your hosting?

Just a pro tip:

If something about your work is not working.  Do not immediately assume that it is a problem caused by something or someone other than yourself.  You'll advance quicker that way Smiley Very Happy

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ wwwR.us
Email:support@wwwr.us Phone:4435-WWW R US or (443) 599-9787

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Hello and thanks for the answer.
Yes, I can confirm the file is present in the location.  Actually, everything is OK when I view the project locally. The problem happens only when it is uploaded on my hosting.
Thanks

@boilingxpoint,

This is a very odd situation indeed.  The other thing I can think of is that apache is not added as json handler but even then... The only reason why apache would throw an ERROR 404 is if the file does not exist

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Here is a screenshot of FileZilla where its shown that the imgmd.json is presented in the right location.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4315d4win0kc1ps/Capture.PNG?dl=0

About the comment that "apache is not added as json handler" I am not sure what does that means. Also, I have read somewhere that I should add MIME types in the web.config file, so I added these lines:
<staticContent>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".json" mimeType="application/json" />
</staticContent>

but it does not help.

@boilingxpoint,

I'm only vaguely familiar with IIS, I assume that that's what you're using, but it should also have an equivalent for handlers.

As far as I know... The thing about IIS is that if you do not specify mime and handler.  It will protect it by not serving it by default.  

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Yes, but I think I have specified it in the webconfig file.
It is so problematic without adequate technical support, I cannot call their support since there is no number for my country and the chat is always offline.
Anyway, thank you very much for trying to help @JHasselbring.

@boilingxpoint,

Would you like me to take a look?

Smiley Very Happy

LOL

It would be awesome if you are willing to do it and help me. THANK YOU!!!
myles704
Novice

@boilingxpoint- Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm experiencing the same problem: Project runs on web servers other than GoDaddy. GoDaddy throws a 404 on all the json files, which are on the server. Reviewed mime type docs in help, but didn't resolve anything for me.

Hi,
 I'm sure you have found some solution. There is a solution I found.
Just change the extension .json to .txt it will solve the problem

-- it will not affect the program. 

bit late to the party but , in the new plesk control panel under web server settings add mime type

text/json .json 

application/json .json 

any one of the above. and press ok. this will solve the problem

Thanks!! Very simple and effective solution. I have to ask though, shouldn't that be included by default?