cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockhaggis
Apprentice

SSH Activation

Been over 48 hours since I requested SSH activation and still unable to access my account ...  Is this normal?

5 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
Pro Community Founder Mentor

Re: SSH Activation

No, this is not normal.  Usually switch SSH on and off is very quick.  Did you mean SSL?  On an SSL you need to make sure that all your activation emails are responded to so that verification can take place.  Missing these emails is often the source of the delay.  Since its been 48 hrs, I would call tech support.

Hope this helps,

James

amcd
Novice

Permanently Enable SSH

Web Hosting: Linux with cPanel

I am in general able to enable SSH access and access my server using SSH. However, it seems I have to "Enable" SSH access every day or so. Any time I click "SSH" under the "Security" category in cPanel, it asks me to enable shell access, even if it is already enabled (and I know it is enabled because I can connect via SSH).

I am not sure if this is a security "feature" or a problem with my account or server. How can I keep SSH enabled for a longer (or indefinite) amount of time?

I'd like to be able to do this because I might want my collaborators to be able to login via SSH, but they don't need access to cPanel and it would be a pain to give it to them just so they could (re)enable SSH every time they wanted to access the server.

Help, and thank you ^_^

UpsetUser
Novice

Re: SSH Activation

This problem happened to me these days. For some time it came back but soon lost again.

Highlighted
alharlow
Experienced

SSH and Old Value Apps

I want to enable SSH but the enable screen tells me I have "old value apps" that must be removed first.  What are old value apps or simply what are value apps?  I didn't know I had any.  What are they and how do I remove them?

dubaaron
Novice

Re: SSH and Old Value Apps

Yes, I have the same issue, I would like to know this as well. 

Is it like the Wordpress installs I have under "Manage Applications"? 

Thank you.