cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Managing WordPress Team - Rescheduled

This AMA is being rescheduled, but we're working on responses to the questions posted below.  Thank you for your patience as we work toward providing you the answers you need.  We expect to have all questions responded to by the time of the live event - so you can get on with your day and have your answer by the time you expected.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Community Management Team

Customer Support Available 24/7: x.co/247support
25 REPLIES
cieching3
Novice

Re: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Managing WordPress Team - Wednesday, November 15th 11am-12pm PT

Q1).

Dear Managing Wordpress Team,

I have purchased a managed WordPress bundle from Godaddy, part of the bundle is Website Security, which i have assigned to a staging site. my question is will i be able to transfer the license to my ready-to-go-live website?

Best Regards,

Mal

Seniorpastor
Apprentice

Re: Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Managing WordPress Team - Wednesday, November 15th 11am-12pm PT

Q2).

how do I make a registration page for my website?

Q3).

Hello, my question is why do I receive 503 server unavailable errors? I don't have any traffic. These errors are becoming a reason to change hosting. I am anticipating a very busy holiday season and am I going to have a functional and reliable website? 

Is your hosting services going to be able to keep up with my growth? Better yet, is your hosting services going to keep up with me. I expect my hardware and software to be at least a fast as I can think. Can you understand where I'm coming from?

Thanks for the service, lets keep moving forward. 

Bill 

videoddonb
Novice

Q4).

Hello,

How do I get back to editing my site?

thanks (in advance),

D. Brown

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q6):

@kozi asks:

Hello,

I have a Ninja form on my contact page, but I have no idea where the contact information is submitted once when clicks "submit".  Anyone knows how to edit this form?  Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q7):

@joelr987 and @ravencat ask:

Plesk Hosting Wordpress. All Plugins Fail To Load.

I have tried plugins - add new - install now on plugin wanted.

Then it says update failed every time for every plugin with "Installation Failed: 500 Internal Server Error).

I downloaded the zip file from the plugin site. Tried to upload it and it failed also.

Every time I try and install a plugin. I press the install plugin from the plugin menu and this is what is at the top of the page. The plug in says update failed..

When I signed up I specifically asked if I could use plugins. I was told I can use any plug in I like but I have to use Cpanel...

I restarted my hosting account because I started getting a 500 internal server error when I tried loading the website.. So now I AM Back to square 1..

I am still getting no plugins to load in even with a clean slate.  Please Help!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q9):

@pJennings asks:

Managed WordPress Hosting - SSL - Certbot

Since from what I have read GoDaddy is not supporting LE with an automated easy way. Is this thing doable? If your hosting provider doesn’t want to integrate Let’s Encrypt, but does support uploading custom certificates, you can install Certbot on your own computer and use it in manual mode.

If so what kind of system is my hosting using? Apache on _System_

To get instructions for Certbot, choose your server software and the system it is running on from the dropdown menus above. As written in Certbot page.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q10):

@frankstallone @JMPepper and @mcarlson ask:

Show Me How

How do I disable the, "Show Me How" that suddenly started appearing on new WordPress installations on the WordPress Managed Hosting service? It's distracting and superfluous.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q11):

@SandyLockedon asks:

Problem Using DUPLICATOR To Move Site So New URL In Same GODADDY Hosting Plan

I am trying to copy a VERY SIMPLE BROCHURE STYLE  Wordpress site to a new URL we have.  Both being hosted in same plan on GoDaddy.

Trying to use DUPLICATOR plugin that was recommended as popular.

Does DUPLICATOR work on GODADDY?  Or, what I have done wrong here?

Because I cannot get it to work the way I think it is supposed to.

I have installed the plugin via WP dashboard on the original (source) site.  I create a new "PACKAGE" which is  one ZIP file and the INSTALLER.php

But the ZIP file has only the sql file in it and nothing else.  No files or folders from the original site.

Isn't the zip file supposed to contain the site files too like:

1. wp-admin/
  2. wp-content/
  3. wp-includes/
  4. .htaccess
  5. index.php
  6. wp-config.php
  7. .Etc.....

I created a new Wordpress site on the target (so a new database).  I then removed all the "new" files on the target and copied just the Duplicator "Pakage" (zip and installer.php files).

I can execute the INSTALLER.php fine. It connects to the new database and everthing appears to work without failure. 

But there is nothing on the new site. There are no files from the original.  Because they are not in the ZIP file to begin with.

So, obvious question.

Why is DUPLICATOR not archiving the site into the package? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Q12):

@NonTechGuy asks:

Unable To Log Into WordPress Admin Dashboard

Hello all,

1. My website is fine and showing the latest content.
2. But when I tried logging into the admin dashboard, it shows:

"This page isn’t working

*********.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

3. The admin navigation bar is visible on the top of my website. Still gets the same error page when I try to access from the shortcut there.

Any advice? Thanks!
GoDaddy Pro
GoDaddy Pro

Q13):

I have many clients on my server that want to be able to sync from prod to staging and visa versa on their own. Currently the only way to do this, that I can see is by logging into my master account and going to Manage where all my clients are listed. Not ideal for one client to have access to my other clients.

How can I solve this problem and give my clients access to syncing options?

GoDaddy Pro
GoDaddy Pro

Q14):

Last year I bought two different packages because I insisted on having SSL on all my WordPress sites. It seemed ridiculous it wasn't included or packaged. It did not turn out as I had hoped.

I bought a Pro Managed WordPress service and Standard UCC SSL Up to 30 service. I found out, after the purchase, that I can only use 15 domain names for this type of SSL. Unfortunately this was in contrast to the sales associate assertion. He assured me I had 5 more SSL certificates than sites I could create and it was the only two services that would get me what I wanted. In retrospect I don't think he or I realized the www. and non-www. version of a domain are considered two different SANs. This ended in a unbelievably frustrated customer (me), who was trying to make the best of his three year investment in GoDaddy, a company I had formerly swore off and yet decided to give another chance to. 

Now it seems like these services have changed, reading your Pro Managed WordPress product page. I would like to know more about your Pro 25 service since it seems like it may be a consolidation of my two misaligned services. I would love to accomplish what I originally set out to. The capability to grow my business to 25 sites with 25 SSL certificates. 

EDIT November 15, 2017 - 7:50 AM: Furthermore adding to frustration is that every time I add a domain name (SAN) an email get's sent out to EVERY domain administrator. My clients own their respective domain names. That is the core of the trust I build with my clients. If I get a new client, I add the two SANs for the domain name. Then, I have to send a email out to all my existing clients apologizing for the, "Domain Access Verification" email that they got asking them to please disregard it. 

Thanks,

Frank

Community Manager
Community Manager

Seniorpastor wrote:

Q2).

how do I make a registration page for my website?

@Seniorpastor 

Hello. You'll have to use a forms plugin and embed it on a page of your website. Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms and WP Forms are all great forms options to build a registration form. Once done, you can add it to any page on your site to create a registration page. Hope that helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Keepitsimple wrote:

Q3).

Hello, my question is why do I receive 503 server unavailable errors? I don't have any traffic. These errors are becoming a reason to change hosting. I am anticipating a very busy holiday season and am I going to have a functional and reliable website? 

Is your hosting services going to be able to keep up with my growth? Better yet, is your hosting services going to keep up with me. I expect my hardware and software to be at least a fast as I can think. Can you understand where I'm coming from?

Thanks for the service, lets keep moving forward. 

Bill 

@Keepitsimple

Hello. Sorry about that. When we launched the platform we had more customers than expected in a short period of time and had some stability issues related to scale. I'm very sorry about this, the issues should be resolved by now.

Community Manager
Community Manager

videoddonb wrote:

Q4).

Hello,

How do I get back to editing my site?

thanks (in advance),

D. Brown

@videoddonb

Hello. I'm sorry, can you provide more context? What screen are you on and what are you trying to get back to? For some general help, while viewing your site, by using the top bar you can edit a page or click Customize to see more site edit options. In the dashboard (the admin area) you can click Pages, Posts or Appearance > Customizer to edit your site. Hope that helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q6):

@kozi asks:

Hello,

I have a Ninja form on my contact page, but I have no idea where the contact information is submitted once when clicks "submit".  Anyone knows how to edit this form?  Thanks!

@kozi

Hello. Here are two Ninja Forms articles that may help you:
- Submission Management: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/submission-management/
- Sumbission Emails: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/email/

I recommend browsing the Ninja Forms documentation if you have additional questions, they have helpful content. Hope this helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q7):

@joelr987 and @ravencat ask:

Plesk Hosting Wordpress. All Plugins Fail To Load.

I have tried plugins - add new - install now on plugin wanted.

Then it says update failed every time for every plugin with "Installation Failed: 500 Internal Server Error).

I downloaded the zip file from the plugin site. Tried to upload it and it failed also.

Every time I try and install a plugin. I press the install plugin from the plugin menu and this is what is at the top of the page. The plug in says update failed..

When I signed up I specifically asked if I could use plugins. I was told I can use any plug in I like but I have to use Cpanel...

I restarted my hosting account because I started getting a 500 internal server error when I tried loading the website.. So now I AM Back to square 1..

I am still getting no plugins to load in even with a clean slate.  Please Help!

Hello. Sorry about that. When we launched the platform we had more customers than expected in a short period of time and had some stability issues related to scale. I'm very sorry about the, the issues should be resolved by now.

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q9):

@pJennings asks:

Since from what I have read GoDaddy is not supporting LE with an automated easy way. Is this thing doable? If your hosting provider doesn’t want to integrate Let’s Encrypt, but does support uploading custom certificates, you can install Certbot on your own computer and use it in manual mode.

To get instructions for Certbot, choose your server software and the system it is running on from the dropdown menus above. As written in Certbot page.

@pJennings

Hello. Our new Pro Managed WordPress product includes free, automatic SSL installation. Check it out here: https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/pro-wordpress-hosting Hope this helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q9):

@pJennings asks:

@pJennings

Hello. Our new Pro Managed WordPress product includes free, automatic SSL installation. Check it out here: https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/pro-wordpress-hosting Hope this helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q10):

@frankstallone @JMPepper and @mcarlson ask:

Show Me How

How do I disable the, "Show Me How" that suddenly started appearing on new WordPress installations on the WordPress Managed Hosting service? It's distracting and superfluous.

@frankstallone  @JMPepper  @mcarlson

Hello. Good question. We just added a way to disable this, so you should be able to hide it now. Hope this helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q11):

@SandyLockedon asks:

Problem Using DUPLICATOR To Move Site So New URL In Same GODADDY Hosting Plan

I am trying to copy a VERY SIMPLE BROCHURE STYLE  Wordpress site to a new URL we have.  Both being hosted in same plan on GoDaddy.

Trying to use DUPLICATOR plugin that was recommended as popular.

Because I cannot get it to work the way I think it is supposed to.

I have installed the plugin via WP dashboard on the original (source) site.  I create a new "PACKAGE" which is  one ZIP file and the INSTALLER.php

But the ZIP file has only the sql file in it and nothing else.  No files or folders from the original site.

Isn't the zip file supposed to contain the site files too like:

1. wp-admin/
  2. wp-content/
  3. wp-includes/
  4. .htaccess
  5. index.php
  6. wp-config.php
  7. .Etc.....

I created a new Wordpress site on the target (so a new database).  I then removed all the "new" files on the target and copied just the Duplicator "Pakage" (zip and installer.php files).

I can execute the INSTALLER.php fine. It connects to the new database and everthing appears to work without failure. 

But there is nothing on the new site. There are no files from the original.  Because they are not in the ZIP file to begin with.

So, obvious question.

Why is DUPLICATOR not archiving the site into the package? 

@SandyLockedon

Hello. It may work, I haven't tried that plugin. But I'd recommend using our built-in migration tool when migrating to Managed WordPress. You can use it when you create a new site and select the migrate site option (instead of create new site). Then you'll enter your credentials and the site will be migrated for you. Hope this helps.

Community Manager
Community Manager

estieg wrote:

Q12):

@NonTechGuy asks:

Unable To Log Into WordPress Admin Dashboard

Hello all,

1. My website is fine and showing the latest content.
2. But when I tried logging into the admin dashboard, it shows:

"This page isn’t working

*********.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

3. The admin navigation bar is visible on the top of my website. Still gets the same error page when I try to access from the shortcut there.

Any advice? Thanks!

@NonTechGuy

Hello. Sorry about that. When we launched the platform we had more customers than expected in a short period of time and had some stability issues related to scale. I'm very sorry about the, the issues should be resolved by now.

Community Manager
Community Manager

frankstallone wrote:

Q13):

I have many clients on my server that want to be able to sync from prod to staging and visa versa on their own. Currently the only way to do this, that I can see is by logging into my master account and going to Manage where all my clients are listed. Not ideal for one client to have access to my other clients.

How can I solve this problem and give my clients access to syncing options?

@frankstallone

Hello. I responded to this question in another thread, including a follow up question. See that discussion here: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managed-WordPress-Hosting/Staging-and-Production-Syncing/m-p/70665

Hope that helps!

Community Manager
Community Manager

cieching3 wrote:

Q1).

Dear Managing Wordpress Team,

I have purchased a managed WordPress bundle from Godaddy, part of the bundle is Website Security, which i have assigned to a staging site. my question is will i be able to transfer the license to my ready-to-go-live website?

Best Regards,

Mal

@cieching3

Hello. You should be able to reissue, or transfer the license to your production site. However, in the future we recommend just adding it to your production (live) site rather than staging. If you need any help please contact our support team. Hope this helps!

GoDaddy Pro
GoDaddy Pro

Is this the only thread that didn't get a reply? Man Sad