cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swendt1180
Novice

Domain Mapping

I cancelled my wordpress account, it was one I was paying for. I own my domain through godaddy.com and would like to forward it back to my website and away from wordpress. This is the error I keep getting

Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain.

When I log in to my wordpress account there is nothing there, I deleted the site. How do I get my web address www.sugarcrushbakerymi.com to forward back to my current website www.sugarcrushcustomcookies.com and stop giving me the WARNING! I did update the forwarding inmy godaddy admin panel so it is now going where I want it to but I still get the error when I type www.sugarcrushbakerymi.com

14 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Domain Mapping

swendt1180 wrote:

I cancelled my wordpress account, it was one I was paying for. I own my domain through godaddy.com and would like to forward it back to my website and away from wordpress. This is the error I keep getting

Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain.

When I log in to my wordpress account there is nothing there, I deleted the site. How do I get my web address www.sugarcrushbakerymi.com to forward back to my current website www.sugarcrushcustomcookies.com and stop giving me the WARNING! I did update the forwarding inmy godaddy admin panel so it is now going where I want it to but I still get the error when I type www.sugarcrushbakerymi.com

@swendt1180 The link(s) are working perfectly for me.

--

Justin Godfrey
Domain Name Investor

When replying to me please @ mention my name
If my answer solves your question, please accept it as a solution.
bookhubbub
Novice

Domain mapping issue

Hi guys,

I bought my domain on Go Daddy and went to wordpress.com where I bought a premium plan and mapped my domain to Wordpress by updating my name servers on Go Daddy. I realized this wasn't what I wanted to do, so I canceled the plan, reverted my name servers back to Go Daddy's default and installed Wordpress through Go Daddy. I now keep getting this message on my website bookhubbub.comWarning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain.

I don't quite get what is going on since I updated the name servers, and check whois.net and they are recognizing the Go Daddy name servers, not Wordpress's. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Domain mapping issue

Hello @bookhubbub!

Thank you for posting! From what I can see, your domain is pointing now. Everything good now?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
jackspot
Novice

I have the exact same issues.

1/ I have created a website on https://wordpress.com + premium subscription

2/ Because I realized I could not install a wordpress theme (themeforest) that I bought before, I cancelled my subscription

3/ Then I subcribed to the GoDaddy "Wordpress Hosting Solution" using the same website name

4/ Now, when I click on WP Admin button from GoDaddy interface, I get the warning:

"Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain."

Thank you

Domain Mapping - From Wordpress

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I see this has been asked before but I have not come across a query that matches mine completely.

Earlier this morning I changed the DNS on GoDaddy back to default, it was before pointing to Wordpress. I now get the following message, intermittently.

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of northstarconsultancy.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

As far as I am aware it is not using HTTPS so I am wondering if this is a standard message while the DNS change-over is activating. I understand this can take up to 24hrs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

raymerz
Novice

@jackspot did you ever resolve this? This is IDENTICAL to an issue I am having right now.

jackspot
Novice

Hi,

Yes. It was only a question of time.

Everything went fine after 24hrs as far as I remember.
Matta
Tinkerer

Wordpress Multisite Domain Mapping

I installed a wordpress multisite on my dedicated server through GoDaddy, installed Domain Mapping using the IP address and created site1.yourdomain.com and mapped it with yourdomain.com

I changed the A Host record for @ to the server IP and nothing. Wondering if I need to change the DNS as well or what? Thanks

lisa5
Novice

Domain mapping

Hi, I have had my domain mapped for over a year and it has been working fine.

the program i'm with on wordpress has changed some settings and when i go to

my domain it says this This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.

Can you tell me how to fix this issue please.

mario12345
Novice

Domain mapping not working?

Hi,

Can someone guide me on how to fix this issue:

I have a wordpress site with ".com" and I've bought a ".com.au" version from GoDaddy.

I have done the 'connect my domain to wordpress" according to https://au.godaddy.com/help/connect-my-domain-to-wordpress-24611.

However when I enter the ".com.au" I get this error sign:

"Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain. "

What can I do?

Thank you for any kind guidance.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. It looks like you got a response three days later.. does it just take time for everything to sort itself out?

I got the same problem.

Hi @mario12345@martinjoshua09@RichmondGirl,

Without providing domain names we can't really look into this. However, after researching Wordpress forums, that error appears to be a temporary glitch that goes away. Is the issue now resolved from you alls end? 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

For my website thebrandconcierge.agency I am getting that error 

Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain.  

And its not going away. 

How do I fix this?