cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy

Hi -

I'm using the  Ascension theme and I'm having trouble finding any documentation for the theme. I'd like to modify the text at the bottom of my site that says:

Copyright © 2016 <Company Name> — Ascension theme by GoDaddy

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

40 REPLIES

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy (fix copyright notice)

@zzzmikedogzzz

Hi Mike!

Welcome to the community. To help the community out, can you advise which type of hosting you're using? It sounds like this is WordPress you're talking about. I'm pretty sure you'd have to edit the footer to edit copyright details. Have you tried that yet?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
gatezone
Novice

Is there any support documents for the Ascension theme?  There is an annoying large block on subpages that is like a giant "crumb" navigation indicator for the page you are on, or shows the title in a huge block.  I want to get rid of it, but it is also related to the header....

Hi @gatezone.

There's no documents provided specifically for the theme.

What you've described with the theme isn't something that's an option to change within the theme itself. While it might be possible to change the theme to remove what you described, doing so would require some file editing and custom php/dev work on the theme itself.

^Gary

gatezone
Novice

Thanks for the response, its such a large element, and in my opinion a waste of important real-estate.  Moved on to other themes that I am more comfortable modifying code.  

MJHILL61
Novice

So are you saying that  Copyright © 2016 Cumulus Consulting theme by   <----- Can't be removed from the theme?

Solution

Hi there,

After 24 hours of ringing GoDaddy's tech support around 5 separate times without any of them finding out how to fix this, I eventually stumbled on a potential fix by my own.

If you go into the stylesheet.css editor, and search for the div class 'site-info-wrapper' then you can add a 'display:none;' tag and change the font-size to 0px (just in case) and that will hide the copyright and 'Ascension theme by GoDaddy' piece of text entirely. Hope this helps!

Should have this:

.site-info-wrapper .site-info-text p {
text-align: center;
font-size: 0px;
color: #757575;
display:none; }

alcol9
Novice

Hey, just signed up to say thanks so much for taking the time to put this here, was trying to figure it out myself. Much appreciated.

Ascension theme - edit text on home page on image

Hi,

I have Acension theme for the site and I want to edit text on image on home page that says "Make a Bold statement" on vinaykumar.net and also remove or change link "Get started".

Where and in which file ,do I need to edit these.

Appreciate your help

Thank you,

Vinay Kumar

Re: Ascension theme - edit text on home page on image

Hi @kvvinaykumar10!

Thank you for posting! I went to your site and it appears you were able to figure this out. Can you reply here with the solution so that others who have the same issue will know how to fix it? Thanks!

jfarris
Novice

@kvvinaykumar10 - I am also having this problem and would like to know the solution. Thanks

Jin
Novice

Use this plugin "remove footer credit". It works for me!

mikebo22
Novice

i can't figure it out at all   

yo1
Novice

I have same problem, any solution?
cmalexan
Novice

is there a solution for this? I can't find anywhere to change it.

Luca1234
Novice

Stop Ascension Theme Header Image Cropping

Hi,

I am having difficulty with the header image in the Ascension theme.

The title of the page is displayed in the header image and the header image is cropped depending on how much text is in the title. I want the header image to be displayed fully across all the pages. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

mike1234
Novice

But we are not able to find the footer text/code in style.css as there is no alternate footer php files is present in the Editor category for Ascension theme.

mike1234
Novice

How to Remove the footer Ascension theme by GoDaddy in Ascension theme?

I tried all the methods which are already been solved in godaddy community but none worked for me.

What to do next?

mike1234
Novice

Re: How to Remove the footer Ascension theme by GoDaddy in Ascension theme?

I tried this code bot didn't work for me.

.site-info-wrapper .site-info-text p { text-align: center; font-size: 0px; color: #757575; display:none; }

And i am using Godaddy hosting.

GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Stop Ascension Theme Header Image Cropping

Hello.

Unfortunately there's no documents provided specifically for the theme as it is mentioned here by GaryA so I could not find a solution for you.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
ntidaddy
Accomplished

How to change menu font size on ascension theme

Is it possible to change the SUB menu font size on the Ascension theme in WP which is based on the Primer theme?

sullymktg
Novice

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy

Do you know how to enlarge the logo in the upper menu bar in this theme? Tried inserting different size images and even found the 325 x 70 dimensions in the css (I think). I changed those dimensions and hit update file and nothing changed.

See site for reference: venetitactical.com

Trying to enlarge the silver logo upper left

Re: How to Remove the footer Ascension theme by GoDaddy in Ascension theme?

Hello @mike1234!

If the other options you've found here in community are not working, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team for help with this.

sullymktg
Novice

Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy - Logo Size in top menu and copyright info at bottom

Does anyone know how to enlarge the logo in the upper menu bar in this theme? Tried inserting different size images and even found the 325 x 70 dimensions in the css (I think). I changed those dimensions and hit update file and nothing changed.

See site for reference: venetitactical.com

Trying to enlarge the silver logo upper left

Also trying to modify the Copyright info at the bottom.

Any help much appreciated!

trinityzoie
Novice

HI ascension theme. i just want to ask how can i change the homepage arrangement in your theme. i want to start first my homepage on About Us not on GAllery menu. Please help me as soon as possible. thanks

SteveQ
Novice

At the very top of the style.css editor, you'll find the lines:

* Theme Name: [leave this space blank]
 * Theme URI: https://github.com/godaddy/wp-ascension-theme
 * Author: [enter your name here]
 * Author URI: [http://www.yourURL.com/]

This updates the links at the bottom of the footer. Though you can't get rid of the word "Theme," at least you can make it say "theme by [your name]" with a link to your web site, not GoDaddy.com.

debramegan
Novice

Ascension Theme - Turn off Header Image Overlay?

My apologies if this has already been asked and resolved. I am using the Ascension theme and I love it but there is a dark overlay on the header image and I would love to know how to do away with it. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

mattpeyton
Novice

Re: Ascension Theme - Turn off Header Image Overlay?

It doesn't seem to have gotten solved... I would love to know this also - anyone?   I've tried a whole bunch of CSS hacks...   Nothing seems to change that header!

Add Custom CSS to Remove Dark Overlay on Hero Image

.hero {
color: rgba(66, 168, 209, 0.0);
}

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy - Logo Size in top menu and copyright info at bottom

This is a more complicated fix as it deals with media queries for different device sizes. This is probably a messy way to do it, but it's been working for me. Be sure to check tablet and phone previews to make sure it looks good across the board.

This code will resize the logo. Make sure all the max-heights are the same. The third one (bolded) is the one that seems to actually adjust the size when working on a laptop, so don't get confused if it doesn't change when you edit the first max-height.

.site-header .custom-logo {
  width: auto;
  max-height: 100px; }
  @media only screen and (min-width: 40.063em) {
      max-height: 100px; } }
  @media only screen and (min-width: 61.063em) {
      max-height: 100px; } }

This code will center the logo on tablets and will line the menu up with the logo so it doesn't look awkward. You might have to play with the numbers to match your logo size.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1000px) {
div.site-title-wrapper {
position: relative;
left: 0%;
}
nav#site-navigation.main-navigation {
margin-top: 60px;
}
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 600px) and (max-width: 1000px) {
div.site-title-wrapper {
position: relative;
left: 25%;
}}

Need Full Size Hero Banner on Every Page

Hey guys. I've been playing with this theme and really like it, but I need the full-size Hero header with the widget text on EVERY page, not just the front page. 

I looked through the code, but I think this is a little more advanced. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Edit style.css and change the max-height variable on the following two lines.

@media only screen and (min-width: 40.063em) {
max-height: 52px; } }
@media only screen and (min-width: 61.063em) {
max-height: 52px; } }

Tomski
Novice

Go to Dashboard - Appearance - Text Editor.

In first few lines change the Author and link location. Footer stays but at least with your credentials. Hate paying monthly off my pocket to advertise GoDaddy for free!

wmix
Novice

Remove Header Image on Ascension Theme by GoDaddy

Wondering if anyone has a solution for this problem...I've searched everywhere and am either completely missing it or it's not an option?

I like the GoDaddy Ascension theme - it works well for our needs. However, I have pages I do not want the header image on. But I cannot seem to remove it from specific pages. Does anyone know how to remove the header from a page?

Thank you for your help!

rawe
Novice

From your WP dashboard go to Appearance>Themes>Ascension>Customize>Colours>Header and then move the transperancy bar to the far left.  This will remove the dark overlay.

jomale
Novice

I found all the settings i needed in  Appearance > Customize > Widgets. The home page uses HERO and in the widget for HERO is where i believe i found that text. 

catherine93
Novice

Hi,

I really like the theme Ascension. But the header image is to big. It takes to much space on every page. Has anyone an idea how I can change the size or how I can remove it completely?

Thanks

Catherine

Stephy
Novice

Can consider the plugins real time find and replace. From there u can change into any description you want. Good for the pesky titles on the heading as well. 

liniverse
Novice

hi there,

To remove it go to:

- 'Dashboard'

- 'Appearance' (it will take you to the customisation page)

- click on 'Site Identity'

- In section 'Footer Copyright Text' (type in what you would like it to say eg Copyright (c)  2017 your company name

- uncheck box 'Display theme author credit'

- Save and Publish

Smiley Happy

liniverse
Novice

Re: Help with Ascension theme by GoDaddy - Logo Size in top menu and copyright info at bottom

wow you're amazing. Is there a code to reduce the width of the menu bar? there's too much padding between the logo and the hero pic for my liking.

Karamchand
Novice

To turn the Header Image Overlay for Ascension Theme,

1. Go to Wordpress Dashboard
  2. Choose Appearance
  3. Click on 'Customize'
  4. Choose 'Colors'
  5. Select 'Header'
  6. At the bottom, you will see 'Hero Background Overlay'. You will get a slide to increase or decrease the header image overlay