cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrklown
Novice

Unable to install Wordpress

I keep getting this error when I try to install WordPress "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.".  Can someone help me figure this out?  I likely messed something up somehow.

1 REPLY
Employee
Employee

Re: Unable to install Wordpress

@mrklown This might not help but I'm pretty sure it's a database issues.
It could be that the PHP version of your host is not compatible, usually happens if the PHP version is too up to date like on version 7.0 or 7.1 , It can also happen if there are some missing details on wp-config.php so be sure it's accurate.
I would recommend to try toggling to older PHP version then kill PHP processes and check if it works(If cPanel or Classic Hosting Plan it has that option).
----
If no go here's a shotgun.
1.If it doesn't hurt, Clean it all, directories and database, dump it or delete it. "a complete reset."
2.Try installing from like you are creating a new WP site using the interface itself.(Not manually) expect  simple basic theme with it.
3.Overwrite wp contents, and create a new data base import your .sql file in it.
4. Make sure connections strings are good.
----
I don't have any idea what kind of hosting plan you have but if it's a Managed Wordpress Plan I would highly recommend to contact Godaddy chat support to try and identify what is causing it. Expect though that this is something not under Godaddy Support since this seems like a manually installed WP but a'least they can help you try to identify it.

-joven