cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
trinity0267
Skilled

WEBSITE WILL NOT LOAD KEEP GETTING 503 ERROR PAGE!!!!

Ok I have done everything!! I am trying to use this Pleski crap and it is not working with wordpress. It does NOT allow me to update my anything!! Themes or anything and when I go to my site I keep getting either the 503 Error page or that stupid something cool is coming page!!

7 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: WEBSITE WILL NOT LOAD KEEP GETTING 503 ERROR PAGE!!!!

Unless you have a specific reason to use Plesk/Windows you should switch over to cPanel/Linux, that's better suited for a WordPress site.

trinity0267
Skilled

I'm not sure how to not use the Plesk. How do I switch over to the other?

These are the old steps, I am not sure if the selection is still available under the customize modal.  Let me know if this does or does not give you the option.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/switching-your-hosting-account-operating-system-1285?

trinity0267
Skilled

it doesn't allow you to do that. I upgraded my account thinking I could do that. But as I go back it seems to be only the Plesk set up, unless I'm totally missing something which I am sure I am. 

Solution

Thanks for confirming, the cPanel and Plesk based plans work a little differently.

You can simply cancel the Plesk plan and get a cPanel plan instead.  Contact support directly with your account information and tell them you want to change the OS (operating system) of your hosting plan so they can set-up the credit for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see if chat is available or you can call the number listed.

trinity0267
Skilled

Thanks so much!

Glad to help.