• GoDaddy Community
  • Marketing Your Business
  • Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to manage your part-time business

I have started my business last year but it was only as a part-time while I work on my full time role. If you have a full time role but wanted to start your own business but part-time how do you manage it effectively?

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: How to manage your part-time business

I've been where you are @Ralphstx516, I think many of us have? First thing I'd suggest is to hop into the GoGetter section and browse around a bit. 

Specifically my advice for your situation is to treat your new business like a new baby. It might sound peculiar but think about it both:

• require a lot of attention
    • keep you up late and early
    • need feeding to grow
    • require constant changing
    • takes up your weekends
    • seem like a second job

Good news you become a more experienced "parent" your "child" will begin to stand on its own. You'll be able to take a step back while keeping a watchful eye. I could go on about the terrible twos and the teenage years but you get the picture?

When I stated my business (while working a full-time job) I looked at it like an investment for my future. Now that I'm thinking about it maybe that's how my parents looked at raising me? I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head