• Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

The <YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE> is Running Out of Time for Search Engine Submission

Anyone else receiving spam like this? Should this kind of e-mail be sent to an abuse, support, help @GoDaddy.com address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: The <YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE> is Running Out of Time for Search Engine Submission

Hey @Miguel_M,

No worries that is just the latest revamp of the same kind of scheme. The information to pull off this is often available in the WHOIS results. When you get these kinds of emails you can make note of the senders address. Often there will be something off about how the email looks, maybe the language is off, there is no associated contact information or maybe you can search the sender's domain plus 'SPAM' and it will bring up complaints. Unless something like this comes from a reputable source (Google, Bing, Yahoo) I wouldn't worry. Additionally I have NEVER seen this kind of message being sent by a legitimate source.

One thing you could also do is use Domain Privacy on your domains so that your personal information is not available in a WHOIS search. Thank you for bringing this up in the Community. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: The <YOUR_DOMAIN_HERE> is Running Out of Time for Search Engine Submission

Hey @Miguel_M,

No worries that is just the latest revamp of the same kind of scheme. The information to pull off this is often available in the WHOIS results. When you get these kinds of emails you can make note of the senders address. Often there will be something off about how the email looks, maybe the language is off, there is no associated contact information or maybe you can search the sender's domain plus 'SPAM' and it will bring up complaints. Unless something like this comes from a reputable source (Google, Bing, Yahoo) I wouldn't worry. Additionally I have NEVER seen this kind of message being sent by a legitimate source.

One thing you could also do is use Domain Privacy on your domains so that your personal information is not available in a WHOIS search. Thank you for bringing this up in the Community. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post