• Office 365 From GoDaddy

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Please join the GoDaddy Productivity team for a chat on Monday, November 5th from 11:30am-12:30pm PT. This AMA is specifically about a new product called Business Management that is FREE to GoDaddy O365 email customers. 

You'll have the opportunity to meet some of our team and ask them questions about the Business Management product. Please note that this is NOT a general AMA for Office 365 questions.

Here's how it'll work:

1. After reviewing the new Business Management product here, you can add questions to this post for our team to answer before and during the AMA.
    2. The team will address your questions from 11:30am-12:30pm on Monday, November 5th.
    3. After the AMA is finished, the Business Management AMA post will be closed to additional questions.
    4. If you can't join the AMA, no problem. You'll be able to read all of the questions and answers that were posted after the session is over.
    5. Mark your calendars. Meet our great group of Productivity team members and hear more about our Business Management product. 

Thanks! 

Rachel

38 REPLIES
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

1. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

I'll ask the first obvious question on behalf of Community members, “What is GoDaddy’s Business Management product?

Rachel

Community Manager
    Community Manager

2. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Another question..."What are some of the key features?"

Rachel

Community Manager
    Community Manager

3. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

What different types of email and browsers does this product work with?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

4. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "I use the email that I got when I bought my domain. Can I use Business Management with it? If not, when do you expect to offer it with your other email products?"

Community Manager
    Community Manager

5. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

What types of small businesses is this product best for?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

6. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "What can I expect to see change for my business if I add the Business Management product?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 1. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

I'll ask the first obvious question on behalf of Community members, “What is GoDaddy’s Business Management product?

Rachel

GoDaddy Business Management is a set of tools for capturing and managing new business opportunities/ leads directly from email or within a web dashboard.  It includes an “add-in” for Microsoft Outlook that opens a Business Management app directly in the Outlook Inbox.  The add-in allows you to rapidly capture information from email and, in one click, navigate to a more full-featured Business Management web dashboard that is secure and private to your business domain.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

7. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

What does this product cost? 

Employee
    Employee

Re: 7. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

What does this product cost? 

The current functionality of contacts, tasks, leads, and dashboard is free to GoDaddy O365 email customers.  As we expand the applications and feature set to a fuller “Business Management” solution, there will be additional paid tiers.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 3. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

What different types of email and browsers does this product work with?

Microsoft only supports add-in functionality with Outlook 2013 and newer clients.  All modern, major browsers are supported including Chrome, Edge, and Safari.  If you use an older desktop client, you will not be able to use the email add-in but you can still use the web dashboard.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 2. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Another question..."What are some of the key features?"

Rachel

1. Visual Tracking of Leads--Business Management includes a set of process steps to manage new business opportunities or leads. The steps are stages in the process of managing a lead. For example, if your business schedules meetings with potential clients or sends them quotes, you would want to make those steps in your Leads process.  As your business interacts with potential clients you drag and drop “lead cards” from step to step in the process.  It’s a great way to visualize progress.

Drag lead cards from step to step to progress them through workflow on the Leads Board

leadsboard for ama.jpg

The Leads workflow is customizable

leadsboardcustomize for ama.jpg

2. Productivity Dashboard--The dashboard shows you all of your current or overdue tasks as well as some key metrics on how the business is processing Leads. If your current Leads have potential money associated with them, the dashboard will display that information. The dashboard also has a summary of top lead sources and new business wins.

dashboard for ama.jpg3. Tasks--Tasks are a way to ensure you never miss an opportunity. A task can be a simple, personal to-do or a time-critical follow-up action on a hot lead. You can associate tasks to a Contact or Lead to easily track work in context.  The lead cards on the lead board have a visual indicator for current or overdue tasks on a lead.

4. Contacts--Business Management can create a central Contact repository for your business. Domain-based email users can import contacts to Business Management and the system will automatically maintain a two-way sync. You can export your Contacts at any time.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 5. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

What types of small businesses is this product best for?

Any business that wants to track their potential work opportunities can make use of Leads.  We find that high-touch service businesses (web professionals, creative service providers, event planners, caterers, etc. ) who engage directly with their customers want to track where they are in the process with each potential customer.  Tracking can help ensure nothing gets lost or forgotten and that things follow a common process.

If a business does not engage in a “lead to close” type of process, it can still make use of the centralized contact system to ensure there is a single business record of clients, vendors, suppliers or anyone the business interacts with.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 6. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "What can I expect to see change for my business if I add the Business Management product?"

Business Management will give you a way to collect and track new potential business so that you can follow a consistent process and remember to follow up with your potential customers and existing customers.  You will have a central place to keep contact information for the business and the ability to add customer profile information as well as interaction notes and tasks.  The daily email summary of tasks can also help you to stay on top of what you need to do so that you can organize your day.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

8. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Is this basically like a Customer Relationship Management system or CRM?

Employee
    Employee

Re: 4. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "I use the email that I got when I bought my domain. Can I use Business Management with it? If not, when do you expect to offer it with your other email products?"

At this time, Business Management is accessible with GoDaddy O365 login credentials and the in-app add-in is only available for Outlook.  We expect that there will be more add-ins in the future for other email platforms but we do not have anticipated dates.  We would love to hear what email clients you would like us to support!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 8. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Is this basically like a Customer Relationship Management system or CRM?

Business Management does include functionality that is similar to Customer Relationship Management systems.  A major difference though is that CRMs are aimed at sales teams and GoDaddy is working to help businesses that most likely don’t have a dedicated sales team.  Business Management is aimed at helping our customers to better engage with their customers across their lifecycle and, in particular, at the time they are first acquiring new business.  We want to help our customers organize and manage so that they can drive more new business, have more time for paid work, and deliver better service to their customers because we know they wear many hats and have a lot to get done.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

9. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Posting on behalf of Community members, "I’ve had problems with my GoDaddy Office 365 account in the past. How can I be guaranteed that If I add Business Management and start to use it, that there won’t be problems."

Community Manager
    Community Manager

10. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Posting on behalf of Community members, "You mentioned that Business Management helps track leads.  But, in your opinion, why does that matter?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 10. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Posting on behalf of Community members, "You mentioned that Business Management helps track leads.  But, in your opinion, why does that matter?"

It’s true. Business Management does help track leads, but what’s most important, is that it can help small businesses, who usually have a million things to do, keep track of leads and in turn, grow their business.  It does so by organizing their customers according to how critical they are, such as if they are a hot lead or not, as well as by their life stage.  And it does all that, while integrating into Office 365.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 9. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Posting on behalf of Community members, "I’ve had problems with my GoDaddy Office 365 account in the past. How can I be guaranteed that If I add Business Management and start to use it, that there won’t be problems."

GoDaddy Business Management integrates with Outlook as an add-in.  You launch the add-in from the GoDaddy icon in Outlook and interact with it from a right-side pane that opens inside your Inbox.  You can capture information from emails directly in to contacts and leads in Business Management but the only direct interaction the add-in has with Outlook is through the contact import and sync mechanism.  If you do not want Business Management to sync contact profile updates with Outlook, simply select ‘No’ when that option appears.  The add-in has no other direct impact on contact or functioning of O365 Outlook.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

11. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is there a maximum number of business leads or contacts that I can add?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 11. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is there a maximum number of business leads or contacts that I can add?"

No, there is no limit at this time and we currently do not anticipate there being a limit.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

12. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "What specific metrics will I be able to track? Are they downloadable into a spreadsheet?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 12. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "What specific metrics will I be able to track? Are they downloadable into a spreadsheet?"

The Dashboard displays metrics for the dollar value and quantity of leads in progress.  Any active lead will be represented in these metrics.  The dashboard will also provide a summary of top lead sources as well as “won” business – the total dollars of all leads that moved to the final step of the leads workflow and closed as “won”.  Please note that at the outset, Business Management provides starter data and initial workflow stages for a leads process.  You can change the stages in the leads workflow process to fit your business.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

13. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "This sounds really interesting to me. Can you give me some examples of how people may be managing something like this today?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 13. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "This sounds really interesting to me. Can you give me some examples of how people may be managing something like this today?"

We talked to many customers, and while each business is unique, the customers we spoke to often used Excel or manual (paper) methods to keep track of leads, if they tracked them at all.  That means any lead tracking was completely separate from how they communicate with customers which makes it difficult to know what stage leads may be in and easy for a lead to fall through the cracks.  With Business Management, tracking is really easy to see on the leads board and you can set follow up reminders to ensure you get back to potential customers.  And since it’s integrated within Office 365,  your email communications with a contact are automatically tracked and aggregated to that contact’s record.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

14. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Posting on behalf of Community members, "I’m interested, how do I get this new Business Management product?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 14. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Posting on behalf of Community members, "I’m interested, how do I get this new Business Management product?"

Business Management web dashboard here: https://crm.godaddy.com. Once you’ve used the web dashboard, the Outlook add-in will automatically be enabled for you, giving you one-click access from your email inbox.  The add-in can be removed like any other Outlook add-in – using the “Manage add-ins” area inside Outlook.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

15. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "I took a quick look at the product and really like what I’m seeing.  I want to import some contacts from a .csv file and also assign tasks to other people, can I do that now or is that functionality going to be available?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 15. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "I took a quick look at the product and really like what I’m seeing.  I want to import some contacts from a .csv file and also assign tasks to other people, can I do that now or is that functionality going to be available?"

Right now you can automatically import contacts from your GoDaddy Outlook email and you can create tasks that are either personal or shared if you associate them to a lead or contact.  We don’t yet have the ability to import from .csv or assign tasks to others but we do have those features in our roadmap for the future.  If others are interested in those features it would be great to indicate that interest here in order to help us prioritize for the future.  Thank you!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

16. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is any of this customizable?"

Community Manager
    Community Manager

17. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Does this integrate with QuickBooks?"

Community Manager
    Community Manager

18. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "If I synch my contacts, will that synch with my shared contacts in Office 365?" 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

19. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is this available if you don't Office 365 with GoDaddy?"

Employee
    Employee

Re: 18. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "If I synch my contacts, will that synch with my shared contacts in Office 365?" 

Business Management syncs with your personal contacts in Office 365. Your shared contacts in outlook will not be affected.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 16. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is any of this customizable?"

Right now you can customize,

• The Lead source types to track which sources are more effective and bringing in business
    • Leads stages to match with your business process

We understand every business is different and giving more control to you via customization is critical. We will continue to add more customization capabilities as we build new features.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 17. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Does this integrate with QuickBooks?"

Hi - right now the product focus is on the Leads area (potential new business) and we've found that most people only put existing customers into QuickBooks.  As the product focus grows to cover the workflow from "lead to close", we anticipate integrating with QuickBooks.  In the shorter term, when we implement a .csv import, you will be able to export from QuickBooks and import to Business Management if you want to do that.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 19. Re: AMA on new Business Management product for GoDaddy Office 365 customers

@RachelM wrote:

Asking on behalf of Community members, "Is this available if you don't Office 365 with GoDaddy?"

Business Management is only currently available if you have an Office 365 subscription with GoDaddy.  We  have plans to offer it to more customers sometime next year.