• Office 365 From GoDaddy

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    dawen
    Novice

Joomla Office 365 Mail Setting

I have an email account on Office 365, but can't send email with the following settings in Joomla > Gobal configuration > Server >Mail Setting:

Send Mail: Yes
    Mailer: SMTP
    From email: design@mydomain.com
    From Name: Mydomain
    Disable Mass Mail: No
    SMTP Authentication: Yes
    SMTP Security: None
    SMTP Port : 587
    SMTP Username: design@mydomain.com
    SMTP Password: ***************
    SMTP Host: outlook.office365.com

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
    GoDaddy Pro
    GoDaddy Pro

Re: Joomla Office 365 Mail Setting

First, verify that your settings match what can be found in your GoDaddy account.  Instructions here:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/imap-or-pop-settings-9012

Second, I noticed that the security is set to none.  I don't have any experience with GoDaddy's 365, but in setting up IMAP accounts in the past, I've run into issues when I've tried to run SMTP without security.  Sometimes setting that to SSL (or whatever is accurate for your configuration) can smooth out issues.

Mike
    Web Developer at BOLDelite.com

Re: Joomla Office 365 Mail Setting

You'll use your Office 365 email address as the username, Requires TLS, and port 587.  Your SMTP server should be smtp.office365.com.  More info is at:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/POP-and-IMAP-settings-for-Outlook-Office-365-for-business-7...

If all of those settings are correct, verify with GoDaddy that they aren't blocking port 587.

husain-ali
    Novice

Joomla SMTP Settings for Gmail

Hi,

I have a joomla based website. I tried the gmail app password with settings provided from google but nothing done.

Could you please provide me a solution?

Thanks.