cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    katehollow
    Novice

Setup catch-all email address on office365 mail

I would like to allow a catch-all email address on my domain. This would allow me to have a separate email address for every website I signup to so I can easily blacklist them if they sell my details on or start spamming me. For example my godaddy login email would be:

godaddy@mydomain.co.uk

Facebook:

facebook@mydomain.co.uk

and so on

I don't want to have to manually setup each and every email address individual, I just want an ALLOW ALL policy that then allows me to blacklist specific addresses if they being to spam me.

Can this be done or do I need to go elsewhere for my email requirements? I know this can be done technically as an ISP used to offer this exact functionality.

Many thanks.

Kate

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Setup catch-all email address on office365 mail

Hey @katehollow,

What you're looking for is actually referred to as an Alias. You can learn more about this feature and how to setup the addresses within your office account here

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    sggsgg
    Novice

i do want to set up a catch-all email, not an alias. 

how can i do that?

jbg1980
    Novice

I would also like to know how to setup a catch-all email address.  I already understand how to setup an alias--that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Hi @jbg1980 ,

Thanks for checking in with The Community. As this is a Microsoft Product, please refer to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30462.catch-all-mailbox-office365.aspx

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

THADDEUS
    Apprentice

That post is 3 years old and does not apply to Office 365 on the Web.

You have anything relevant that might help? 

This is ridiculous.

jasonviola
    Novice
    Solution

You can refer to the following link for instructions on how to setup catch-all email address in Office 365.

Please take note that this only applies to a cloud-only setup and does not work with hybrid setup.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30462.catch-all-mailbox-office365.aspx

kevin1234
    Novice

Any update on this? Not looking for a distribution group. Not looking for an alias. 

I am looking for a way to catch EVERY SINGLE EMAIL that is sent to my domain. Every single one of them. Basically, the way it was setup in cPanel email in 2 seconds. Thanks.

ichiSan
    Novice

anything luck getting an address to catch-all ?? i'm trying to do the same.. thnx rich 

GrovesP
    Novice

The Microsoft link provided, previously, is actually the answer. While Microsoft Office365 doesn't provide this functionality as part of the default administration, the workaround is straightforward.

gp

Solution