cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Online course platform

Hi all, 

Does Go Daddy have an online platform to offer training courses? 

Or can someone recommend a cheap/easy to use one? 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

I'm not aware of GoDaddy having a course platform so hopefully they will weigh in here.

There are several options for delivering an online course. It will largely depend on what you are planning to deliver. If you could share some details, that would be helpful.

In the meantime, here are some general options for you :

• Email - if you are delivering course content in digital print form (pdf) email is a perfectly acceptable way to do this. Way before online training platforms were available, I successfully sold and delivered an online course this way. I do not recommend delivering this from your personal email address. You would need an email service provider. There are many available (Drip, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, Aweber, etc). Costs are dependent on how many people you have on your list.
  • Facebook Group - With a FB group, you have live video options plus the ability to upload files. The group can be private so you approve only those who have purchased your course.  This platform is free.
  • Wordpress - This is an online platform that is free, however you will need a hosting service for it to sit on. Costs vary for this. I recommend Site Ground. Very affordable and reliable. 
  • Various Training Platforms - Thinkific, Teachable,  and MemberVault are three that come to mind. Costs and options vary for these.

Looking forward to finding out more about what you're planning.

Denise O'Berry

More free small business resources at deniseoberry.com

I help small business owners turn chaos into order so they can get from stuck to done.
Free small business advice & resources @ deniseoberry.com
Connect with me: Facebook LinkedIn YouTube

Thanks for the reply. 

It is a puppy/dog training business and I want to offer the courses online due to the changes in the world now we are at the point we can't offer them in person. 

Thanks 

How exciting! Yes, that type of business would be great for transitioning online. You can offer a bunch of different options.

• One on one training via real time video 
  • Group training via real time video
  • A do it yourself (DIY) course where people pay you and then go to an online resource to take the training

You can build your DIY course as you go from your group or 1:1 sessions.

The quickest way for you to start earning revenue is to do the coaching (group or 1:1). 

I can help you with bringing your business online. The key is to not try and get it perfect out of the gate. The key is to create something that will work, bring in revenue and then you can improve it as you go. 

I offer one time and month-to-month coaching to get you there. If you would like to have a free video call about the possibilities, feel free to set one up by clicking here.

Denise

I help small business owners turn chaos into order so they can get from stuck to done.
Free small business advice & resources @ deniseoberry.com
Connect with me: Facebook LinkedIn YouTube

I love this! I would love to help.

Awesome @DappDetroit! We welcome your help. Jump in to the forum when you can and chat with others. Hope to see you around. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am not sure if GD has any but there are a ton of online resources and linked in has a 14 day trial on their e learning. If you give me an idea on what you are looking for I can help or create something I build websites and apps and train on anything check out my main co and anyone can contact me here as well www.dappdetroit.com I also just finished our winery website www.lolaandbowines.com
Community Team

Heya,

Your best bet on the GoDaddy side is to do something on WordPress. There are a bunch of great plugins specifically for online courses, including:

There are also 3rd party platforms for building & selling online courses:

Honestly it comes down to what you need and what you're comfortable with.

WordPress will give you more freedom, and you can hire a web designer/developer to do custom work. The platforms are easier to get up and running, but they're not going to be as flexible.

Hope that helps!

Senior Community Manager, GoDaddy Pro
Need help with your account? Find 24/7 support at x.co/247support
Browse our articles for website designers & developers on the GoDaddy Blog.
Do you build websites for others? Join the GoDaddy Pro partner program.
Follow @GoDaddyPro on Twitter for helpful tips, useful links and exclusive updates.

Thanks for your reply @Andy, so when you say plugs in I am assuming that means it will work with my current GD website? 

Sorry for numpty question ha ha 

Cheers 

Community Team

Not a numpty question!

If your site was built with WordPress, you can use these plugins. We provide hosting for WordPress sites through our WordPress hosting plans and traditional hosting plans.

If your site was built with our Website Builder -- aka Websites + Marketing, formerly known as GoCentral -- you won't be able to use these plugins. Instead, you could sell courses as digital products (e.g. videos) using the Online Store plan.

Senior Community Manager, GoDaddy Pro
Need help with your account? Find 24/7 support at x.co/247support
Browse our articles for website designers & developers on the GoDaddy Blog.
Do you build websites for others? Join the GoDaddy Pro partner program.
Follow @GoDaddyPro on Twitter for helpful tips, useful links and exclusive updates.

hi, I recommend EDX they offer so many online courses, certificates, and programs from various schools and orgs around the world, including Microsoft. check them out.