cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Former Employee

The Rise of Virtual Parties.

With access to a growing number of tools dedicated to meeting others online, and in combination with the social distancing program, this could be an era where fun means digital. Virtual meetups/parties may very well become a day-to-day norm, at least for now. If so, what's your outlook on this and do you have any interesting ideas for a good one? Personally, I'd love to be part of a weekly karaoke meetup myself.

Ramzi Farah | Marketing Enthusiast | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramzifarah
17 REPLIES 17
Community Team

Already planning a zoom happy hour with some of my mom friends tonight when the kids go to bed!!

Mel VK - GoDaddy | Social Care Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Looking for ways to be of service to others.
Super User II

@Ramzi419 @MelVK 

Great ideas!  Imagine an adult beverage virtual bingo game! 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

Hi @Muse ,

Funny that you mention that!  Our ad tagline was, "Put on your PJ's and grab a glass of wine!"

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

For those who have not used it check out the Houseparty app for iOS, macOS, Android and Chrome from the California based Life on Air Inc. (of Meerkat fame), recently acquired by Epic Games. It incorporates streaming video and games like Heads Up, Chips and Guac.
...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@rd

Thanks for the suggestion will check this out for sure. I love a new virtual party game to help pass the time!

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Getting Started

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip. Will check this out.

Advocate VII

Hi @Ramzi419 ,

We are doing this very thing!  We use Zoom.  When we first announced the idea to our customers via FB we had a response in less than a minute.  We had 12 customers in our first virtual party and it went off without a hitch.  We have a shopping cart available for immediate orders.  Supplying links through the chat window works like a charm.  

Just practice a bit first!'

Hope this helps,

James

Former Employee

@Muse Yes! I'm sure all sorts of games are going to be made for this. I already know of a Netflix group watch chrome extension being shared around, time to become a movie buff, maybe?

Ramzi Farah | Marketing Enthusiast | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramzifarah

Hi @Ramzi419 ,

Just wanted to note that with our "Virtual Parties" it is really good to have a set of party rules that you introduce at the beginning of the meeting.  We noted stuff about talking over each other, appropriate language, ....  It really helps set the tone of the show and make managing the show a bit easier.  Also,  if the party host has someone who can operate the chat while the show is in progress that makes for an easier presentation.  One person can certainly handle a small chat, but sometimes 10 or more people can be a chatfull!

Hope this helps,

James

Former Employee

@JMPepper Agree 100%; being new to this, I'm unaware of how messy it could get, so If I were to start one, your tips would be great starting points, thanks for that.

Getting Started

My fitness team is partnering with a local brewery to support sales of their products since bars are closed. They're delivering purchased beer + cider to our houses and we're having a ZOOM happy hour! I think there's a lot of creative ways to get in tune digitally with ZOOM, SKYPE, FACETIME, IG, ETC. I just watched a wedding on IG live. Cried like a baby.

Alas!

My wife and I have been in the "home-party" business for 24 years as well as having our brick-and-mortar.  Ironically, I'm about a week from releasing our latest template and update for the "party planners".   The prep for a virtual party is not too much from a real one these days.  Soooo.....

From the feedback here, I'm going to add "how to do a zoom party" as a module of the site.  

Looks like a couple of long,  perhaps entertaining, and hopefully productive nights in a trying time!

Thanks,

James

Community Manager

@Ramzi419 For a while I've been an avid supporter of virtual reality experiences. Technology is getting to the point where portable VR systems are really good. I'm hoping that this situation opens the virtual door so to speak for more people to try such experiences. They can be very fun and help with feelings of isolation and "cabin fever". Just my 2¢ 😁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Did someone say Ready Player One?

GoDaddy | Customer Care | Hosting Support
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@BrettMaverick wrote:

Did someone say Ready Player One?

b48f53f3ac5030e9-ronnie-o-sullivan-falls-over-playing-vr-pool-kotaku-uk

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I am interested.

Hi @Ramzi419 and @SMBHMX,

Just wanted to give you all an update on what we actually accomplished over the weekend.  Keep in mind that I already have a zoom account and a GoDaddy hosted site.  Of course, getting a Zoom account is very quick!

We have scheduled 3 online parties so far.  We reached out to our manufacturers and distributors to help us provide content.  They've responded by providing  sales reps and their brand ambassadors as participants in the zoom meetings.  So, reach out and utilize these resources.

Each of our team members has a company email.  From my zoom account, I sent them an invitation to be a team member and they created their basic free zoom account.  WE  are now planning and publishing our scheduled meetings.  Before the week is over we plan to have at least 6 more parties on the calendar.  Hopefully, "privately assisted shopping/consultation" bookings will be ready on the website by tonight or tomorrow.  Of course, this can also be immediately accomplished with an invitation to call or a website form.I'm having a hitchamagoo to work out so I'll be calling GoDaddy support shortly!  Our online team is rapidly becoming available to our customers and suppliers.  Whew.....

We also reached out to our local merchant associated and offered our Zoom room to anyone who needed it while we are not using it.   I am in the process of doing my documentation for how I put all of this together.   If anyone is interested in it let me know.   If there is enough interest I will host a Zoom meeting to discuss it.

We also have a grasshopper account.  Its proving to extremely helpful.  All of our team members have (or will be getting) a store phone to associate with their assigned grasshopper extensions.  One might also consider GoDaddy SmartLine numbers for each team/employee.  This helps keep business communication separate from personal.

Once again, I'll keep you updated as I get each piece of this challenge addressed.  

Stay safe and #OpenWeStand

James