Finally. I managed to put up my VS Project on GoDaddy - https://ww.stephaniie.com .
My Website is using an unsafe Certificate that's why it's untrusted - its used for preview.
How to Publish Visual Studio Projects on GoDaddy.com - without using SSL Certificate which is good to get a preview of the project without paying 1 year Certificate for 100 dollar.
1. Sign up for a Windows Hosting with Plesk (1month is 8 dollar)
- On https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/windows-hosting - Click "Get Started - Select Plan: Economy, Select term length 3 months ( you can change it to 1 month after pressing "Continue with These Options". )
2. Start Plesk.
After Purchase. Visit GoDaddy.com - your Account - "Visit my Account" - Start Plesk Account. Type your details and use domain: (ww.domain.com) - that worked for me at least. After clicking "Finish" you'll see a long animated clip while you're account is setup.
3. In Plesk Manager , you need to do two things.
First - In Plesk Manager - Click "ASP.NET Settings". - Scroll Down and change "Code access Security (CAS trust level) to Full. Press "OK". Then wait to return to Plesk Manager.
Second - In Plesk Manager - Click "Click Web Deploy Publishing Settings "
- this downloads a file "ww.domain.com.publishsettings . Save this file to Desktop.
4. Now, in Windows, open Visual Studio 2017, - We need to do some things here too.
First - In Visual Studio - Open Web.Config - and add between <System.web> tags in upper field.
<system.web> <trust level="Full" /> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web>
And removed everything between <System.codedom> tags.
Second - In Visual Studio - In Solution Explorer -
- Rightclick your Project "Webapplication1" and choose "Publish". Press "Create new profile" and choose "Import profile" , OK, and select your publishsettings file (from GoDaddy.com) on Desktop. Now, above "Create Profile" choose the profile with "domain name - Web Deploy". and Click "Publish".
You get an warning message about Certificate. Choose accept and save the certificate, and you shouldn't see the warning any more. - Moderator of GoDaddy
Finally, wait until your project is published. Output:
2>obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp. 2>Start Web Deploy Publish the Application/package to https://ww.stephaniie.com:8172/msdeploy.axd?site=ww.stephaniie.com ... 2>Adding ACL's for path (ww.stephaniie.com) 2>Adding ACL's for path (ww.stephaniie.com .... 2>Publish Succeeded. 2>Web App was published successfully http://ww.stephaniie.com/ ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== ========== Publish: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
and then entered its site
And then enter your site on a Browser : mine is ww.stephaniie.com .
Good luck! 😃
Any errors or Questions, don't hestitate to reply!
Solved! Go to Solution.