cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Hello, New to Web Building!

Hello Everyone. My name is Larry. I live in Seminole Florida. I retired from Honeywell in April 2015.

My oldest son is a personal trainer in Ohio and I am trying to help his business by building a web site for him. I have the domain name and I started using the free Wordpress. Figured out real quick, I didn't like it. I purchased Web Easy Pro and it seems to work pretty well so far.

I am using Windows Plesk to manage the site. Using the Fitness and Personal Training template, I modified some of the pages, did a build, then uploaded the files to my site. When I do a Preview from Plesk, it shows the website and I can navigate the pages. But, when I open the website, I keep getting the default page say Something Cool is Going to Be Here!

I tried using some of the Go Daddy Help suggestions but some of the things it says to try, I don't see those options on my Plesk manager.

I moved the default.aspx file into a temp directory I created but that didn't help. I have an index.htm file under httpdocs.

I'm baffled!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Welcome @SemFla16! It's great that you're trying to help out your son by building a business website for him. There's a lot of great people here in the Community and I'm sure you'll learn a lot. I'm moving your post to the Building and Managing a Website forum for someone to give you their thoughts on your questions. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Welcome @SemFla16! It's great that you're trying to help out your son by building a business website for him. There's a lot of great people here in the Community and I'm sure you'll learn a lot. I'm moving your post to the Building and Managing a Website forum for someone to give you their thoughts on your questions. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi Rachel,

Stupid me! I posted on this forum before calling Go Daddy support. I'm telling the tech that my site would not load and he says "it's working for me!". I put the same URL I had been using in my browser and guess what? Yeah, something fishy here. I know they did something but did not tell me what.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be posting many more times about other things.