cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help uploading my database. How can I upload my script.sql file and my database file?

I need help uploading my database to godaddy via plesk.

My domain is flix4fams.com

I created a database with the name "ph20800551931_FlixForFams" in the plesk Databases panel (locally, the original name of my database is "Flix4FamsData").

I want to upload/import the data as well as the script.sql file that I generated for creating the database.

I followed the steps at https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-my-microsoft-sql-server-database-to-plesk-19838, but was unable to make a connection.

This is what I entered in the Connect to Server dialog in MSSMS:

Server Type: Database Engine
Server Name: [ the correct IP address and port that GoDaddy/plesk provides ]
Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
My login and password

NOTE: This question is also posted here, on StackOverflow, with images.

...but got this err msg:

"Cannot connect o [ip address/port ]"

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 87)
The parameter is incorrect"

I also tried first uploading my database backup file via the Files tab in plesk, but got an err msg that the file was too large, and to ftp it - but it doesn't provide me with the information I would need in order to do that using FileZilla, namely the Host, Username, Password, and Port.

By the way, for good (or bad) measure, I also tried the steps at https://www.fastwebhost.in/blog/upload-ms-sql-database-to-plesk-hosting/; it shows an "Import Dump" icon on the plesk Databases tab, but I do not have an Import button available...

So what steps do I need to take to upload my script.sql file to the Databases panel, and what are the Host, Username, Password, and Port to use in ftp'ing my database file?

0 REPLIES 0