cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to hosting -500 Internal Error message

I am new to hosting. I have an active wp website hosted on cpanel santhomechurch.com. There was an authenication issue and i need to login to wp to paste a live streaming code urgently. Hence,I'm migrating the contents of this wp website to thesanthomechurch.com hosted on godaddy, to create a seperate wp admin login and access the site content in the new domain name to paste my code. So, I have downloaded the full (Migrate worthy) version along with database from existing cpanel hosting and using FTP uploaded it to the root folder httpdocs/ as primary website in godaddy account. I imported the mysql database and changed necessary docs to new url thesanthomechurch.com. Then i downloaded wp app and created an account . I copied my existing database into the newly created wp database. I don't know what else to do so I tried to access the new url. "500 Internal Error message showed up- The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request". please help me complete the hosting. Give me point wise intstructiuons. Urgent please.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @sabymed45, thanks for posting.

I was able to access the site at santhomechurch.com. Were you able to get this sorted out?

If you're still having trouble, feel free to follow up with some more details about the current issue.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status