cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No input file specified - Windows Classic hosting

Im on the Windows Classic hosting account still and in the middle of July this year all my websites went down at the same time for a few hours on GoDaddy, about 5 websites and ever since they came back up my websites have been removed from Google and Bing's search indexes. My websites are running but when I do a URL/domain scan I get  "No input file specified."

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 18:30:52 GMT
Connection: close
Content-Length: 25

I tried updating permalinks from this answer and that didn't work either
https://www.godaddy.com/community/Using-WordPress/No-input-file-specified-WordPress-Migration/m-p/14...

I've searched the community and googled and not finding a solution. This started happening after the GoDaddy server went down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: No input file specified - Windows Classic hosting

Hello and thank you for reaching out the community.

What WordPress plugin are you using for SEO?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Hi davisdre317,

Thanks for responding.

This is happening for all of my websites hosted on the same windows classic account. www.nashvilledrive.com, www.gjhdigital.net, www.mailingrates.net, www.roadkillradar.com and others. Im not using any SEO plugins and this is occurring for all my domains as of recently 3 weeks ago and I've narrowed it down to happening on Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

For example if you googled "gjhdigital" and click on the result

"Jun 27, 2019 - Stratford, CT - Summer Concert Series RAIN DATE"

or

"Here's to the policeman… – GJHDigital"

you will see it displays "No input file" message. and then when you navigate directly to the page it loads correctly. Unfortunately links to my root home pages are now gone from Google and Bing do to this issue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gjhdigital&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS793US793&ei=_9ZNXaayEeeH5wKJq7qAAw&start=...

in BING click on the

Websites - gjhdigital  its about the 3rd result down.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=gjhdigital&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=gjhdigital&sc=2-10&sk=&cvid=8C3BCCA...

Im wondering if its a PHP version issue on the windows classic server. I can't upgrade PHP any higher than 5.x.

Thanks in advance.

Super User I
Super User I

@gjhdigital 

I see what you're talking about with the Google search results. Have you tried using the Google Search Console to resolve/fix your Google search index?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

yes that's actually how I discovered this. I noticed that all my websites were no longer validating in the google webmaster tools. so I attempted to valid them and that's when I realized the "no input file specified error. So I then did a google search for my domains and I was not longer showing up at all. then I found some and when I clicked on the link in google it shows no input file specified. I tried the same search in Edge and Firefox and same issue. I then tried the search using BING and saw my listing were mostly gone also. 

If this was happening on 1 website I would definitely wouldn't be posting on here but its happening on ALL my websites and my hosting went down 3 weeks ago for half a day and then came back up so I didn't bother contacting GoDaddy as that has happened in the past with them on that server.