Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
OSGsys
New

Permissions problem when uploading a plugin to a new Wordpress install on Plesk Obsidian (Windows)

The story so far:

• Have successfully added a domain and installed Wordpress to it
  • Have successfully logged into it, both from the Plesk domains list and directly from /wp-admin
  • Have successfully added plugins, both from the Plesk backend and from the Wordpress dashboard. These plugins have been added, activated, deactivated and deleted all with no problems.

The problem:

One of the plugins - All-in-One WP Migration (very popular and widely used, 3M downloads etc, latest version, compatible with the current version of Wordpress that I am using) requires an additional version to be uploaded to unlock all features.

I have bought this plugin. I have successfully uploaded it using the 'upload plugin' feature in the Wordpress dashboard.

When I try to activate it, I get the message:

Server Error

Forbidden

You do not have permission to access this document.

I have checked the file permissions in File manager. As far as I can see, they are all correct, both for the plugins folder, wp-content and for the specific plugin folder itself.

I have also tried adding another user with administrative privileges in wordpress, logging in as that user and trying to upload and activate it that way. Same result. I can upload it fine, but I get the same error when I try to activate it.

I am out of ideas.

Can anyone advise me, please?

Many thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for getting back to me so soon - it really is much appreciated.

I have just managed to figure it out: solved by turning off the Web Application Firewall in the domain settings. This particular plugin must have been triggering this while the other plugins weren't. Hopefully this helps someone else out down the line.

Anyway, thanks again for your swift response.

Have a good evening 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@OSGsys 

Since you purchased the plugin I would suggest reaching out to the plugin author for support - generally speaking WordPress is WordPress so it should work, however you mentioned that you are on a Windows box and I can tell you from personal experience, that while WordPress will run on windows it is not "Best Practice" 

I would also check the error log to see if you can find which file / path it is generating that on. The plugin maybe looking for a path that doesn't exist

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello!

Thank you for getting back to me so soon - it really is much appreciated.

I have just managed to figure it out: solved by turning off the Web Application Firewall in the domain settings. This particular plugin must have been triggering this while the other plugins weren't. Hopefully this helps someone else out down the line.

Anyway, thanks again for your swift response.

Have a good evening 🙂

View solution in original post