cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Site is still down for who knows how long

My site has been down for at least a week, so I have chatted with 3 different agents and nothing was resolved. They kept telling me to wait 24-48 hours and it should be working. News flash...it wasn't. I finally was able to talk to a Go Daddy Guide who then put me on hold for over 45 mins to look at the issue. When she return she just tried to convince me to transfer my site to a Linux server. They wanted me to pay $189.61 more for the change. That is not in my budget and I already paid for the year. After they tried to talk me into the change for 20mins they still didn't fix my problem and put me back on hold for 10 minutes. And then they hung up. In conclusion, my site is still down. Thanks for nothing. I feel like they are punishing me for not changing over to the Linux server. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Site is still down for who knows how long

@SLang 

What is your domain name and what is the current hosting package you have??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

snl-portfolio.com...windows (plesk)

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SLang 

I'm more of a Linux person... however... I'm getting a 503 error when I attempt to go to the site....

The first thing I would do is restart the server (IIS & server itself to the extant that you can) 

Then see if you can get the default page of the server. 

If this is a WordPress site, I do agree with support that a Linux server is X times better. While WordPress will run on a Windows server generally speaking there are often more issues.

The other thing to do is to try to find the point of failure - do you have other domains on the server that are working - or can you point another domain to the server to test - is it something with this site or the server

Are you running MySQL / MS SQL - if so - if  you shut them off / stop them for right now - does that solve things.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction to get your site back up and running

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community